Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Soccer Mom

I'm officially a soccer mom again! This time of 2 boys. =) Garrison and Austin have both had their first soccer games of the season and it looks like we're going to have a great one!

Austin has decided that even though he's somewhat confused about games and everyone going after 1 ball, he's a soccer player and a member of a team and ready to participate and follow the herd! At least that's what he did for his first game. We'll see if the newness and love of the game wears off as the season goes on. Ha! I thought he did AMAZING for his first game given he's only partcipated in one practice and he's a newly turned 3 year old!

I made a few pictures (with my phone) at his first game...




And my biggest boy had a GREAT first game! He was competitive and all over the field and scored like 4 goals and just went all out. We were super proud of how hard he played and very impressed with how well he did for his first game. I got a few iphone pics of him too...but I'm vowing to take my fancy camera to at least one game in the future!




I am just loving watching my boys and cheering them on! Being a soccer mom may may make life a little crazy and require lots of juggling, multi-tasking, and later nights, but I'm loving the memories we're making and enjoying "doing life" with some fellow soccer parents/friends we love. And it's pretty special that family members will be able to come to several games this sesaon too. Yay for being back in the hometown!

Now if we could all shake the crud that's been hanging around since last week, we'd be ready for our next game tomorrow night and Buggy Days coming up this weekend. Mama is over the coughing. OVER IT. Ugh. And my poor Austin is over the runny nose. Big time. Thankfully Layton's on an antibiotic for his ear infection and Garrison and daddy seem to be healthy. The whole family will get back to 100% one day... Sigh.

Happy Wednesday afternoon!

1 comment:

Jennine Stalder said...

Awww! I know that being a soccer mom is hard, but I know that you're enjoying it. All that juggling, multi-tasking and late nights are all well worth with the pride and joy that you feel whenever you see your sons playing. They are all so cute wearing their purple uniforms and knee socks. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing about that fun day, Meggie. All the best to the whole family!

Jennine Stalder @ UE Sports