We got a SNOW DAY today (yay for snow!!!), so I'm taking the opportunity to blog about some random things going on around here. It's been a lazy and pretty wonderful day. ☺
1. I'm doing so-so with my more and less these first few weeks of 2018. Some things have been going awesome and others I'm totally forgetting about. Soo, I'm thinking about doing a monthly update on how it's going and any successes or failures I'm experiencing. I think a monthly update will definitely help me stay on track with the priorities I established for the year and to REMEMBER.
2. We are deep in party planning around here and just about have our firstborn's 9th birthday party planned. He's doing something a little different this year but still wanted a home party/giant play date. That's what I call it at least. Hopefully we can pull it off and it will be tons of fun for him. We are however a little behind when it comes to what we're doing for our littlest man. He changes his mind constantly and we're torn about what's best/what he'd enjoy most, and we live in a small town and it's Winter. So options are limited. In other words, the planning is a slow-go. #hurryupmama #Idon'tworkwellunderpressure
3. It must be noted that I am loving our Winter evenings. They have been soo nice, warm, and cozy. We are having a really cold Winter so cabin fever has crept in a tad, but our evenings are so laid back. There's no rushing around, no late nights for the kiddos, no cramming to get things done. I love the Fall, but during the Winter my life slows down some and we hibernate a little. ☺ My favorite part is getting the kids in bed early and getting to actually relax a bit and watch a show with my hubby. It's the best.
4. Pool progress is beginning again!! We've been at a stand-still for weeks thanks to Christmas, temperatures hovering around freezing, OR higher temps that have come with rain. But earlier this week the outline for the concrete around our pool was laid out and they're hoping to pour soon! Once the snow and ice melt of course. ☺ It's becoming real to us again and we are sooooo excited!!
5. Our public library here in town has been under construction for almost an entire year making additions and renovating, and they are finally about to have their grand opening. I can't wait to see the "new" library and to go and check out some books! I rarely buy myself books so the library is my favorite. And my boys are super excited too because of the new Children's area. We can't wait to go check it out!
6. I think I'm addicted to Quaker chocolate chip granola bars. I have loved them for YEARS and they've been a snack staple/breakfast item for me longer than I can remember. However, now that I'm trying not to have something sweet/chocolate after lunch every day, I'm having a granola bar instead. And I always have one with breakfast. So that's at least 2 a day. If I'm starving after school and can't find anything else to eat I might have another. Occasionally. Not daily though. Weekly maybe? Bi-weekly possibly. Is this a problem? Should I try to limit them? Why are they soo good and easily eaten guilt free? I need a nutrition expert. Sigh.
7. We booked our summer vacay this week!! #SGI With all the busyness and sickness that happened around Thanksgiving and Christmas we didn't get around to it until this week. But thankfully we found what we think will work out great being our home for a week this summer. We'll miss the O'Mary fam but know our pool will be in good hands. ☺
8. The boys have been playing really well together this Winter considering we've been home a ton and that usually calls for plenty of fighting mixed in. So I hate to complain. Because they've played a ton together without any drama at all. But you know what else they've been doing a lot of? Begging for the iPads. Pleading, whining, suffering, crying. Austin is the most dramatic about it but it drives me crazy. And makes me want to throw them out the front door! (The iPads, not the kids, ha.) I'm just not a fan of a lot of screen time. I believe in being bored, using your imagination, playing with humans, etc. So periodically I call for a break. A fast of sorts. And they go without for a few days or even a week and it's sooo nice. "Electronics" are out of sight, out of mind and mama doesn't miss the begging, pleading, whining, or crying one bit. But it's Winter.... Annnnnd I discovered that the 3 days a week they're in my room after school I need something to occupy them because I'm still at work, trying to work.... And they're driving me crazy! So. Some compromises have been established that I hope will help and allow for balance and eliminate the begging and such. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
And I think that's a wrap on my snow day list. ☺
Happy Hump Day! Hope you're staying warm and cozy today!