Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Celebrating 35!

Over the weekend I celebrated my 35th birthday! It's a crazy feeling to be 35.... hahaha! I just don't feel old enough! 35 definitely feels like my "biggest" birthday yet. But even though it's a little weird to officially be in my mid-thirties now, I'm so thankful for what the Lord has blessed me with over 35 years. His faithfulness and goodness are ENDLESS and I'm still in awe and amazed. 

I had a great weekend full of celebrations, get-togethers, and fun. It was the absolute best way to celebrate the big 3-5!!

Things kicked off on Friday with a super fun day at school. Not only was it the day before Fall Break, we also had firefighters visit Pre-K and make the day of over 100 four and five year olds! 😊

Of course I got some pictures of my little Pre-K-er with the firefighters. He loved every second. 



We spent the whole morning with the firemen, firetrucks, and all of their cool gear and equipment, and then the afternoon was spent celebrating me. 😊 I didn't get any pictures but my para surprised me with a cookie cake and a little party with our students that was so fun and sweet. It was a great way to kick off my birthday weekend and our week off for Fall Break!

On Friday evening I got to go out with my besties for another birthday celebration!! I don't even think I can put into words what these girls mean to me. Friday night was soooo needed for me. More than I even realized! They made me laugh, they spoke truth into me, they encouraged and supported me, and they showered me with sweet gifts. We had the BEST time. I am so thankful God gave me them!!

On Saturday morning we slept in, had a lazy morning at home, and then Terrell sent me off shopping alone for my birthday!! He is the sweetest. So I spent the afternoon trying on clothes at my favorite store and taking my time and going back and forth between the dressing room and my favorite racks of clothes. It was awesome. 😊 I found some cute things and came home excited about my "gifts" from my hubby. 

Then Saturday night we went out with my side of the fam to celebrate again and had so much fun. We always laugh hard and eat good when we get together. Haha! After dinner we went over to my parents' house and I got to have this delicious blizzard cake and open presents. My adult birthdays are still so fun and super special. 😊

We hung out, laughed a lot (again), and I got to love on my newest niece extra! She is the sweetest, most precious little thing ever!! Saturday was just the best.

On Sunday we spent the morning at church and came home spiritually renewed and rejuvenated. It was a great morning of discipleship and fellowship. Then I got in a nap on Sunday afternoon before we spent the rest of the day pool side! Swim season is coming to a close but we are enjoying it as long as we can! It's bittersweet to know we won't be able to use it again until next year, but I'm thankful it's here and we can at least enjoy our view year round!! (And hopefully Terrell agrees to let me decorate the backyard for Christmas. *wink wink)

To wrap up my birthday, Terrell and I watched one of our favorite shows together and he helped me put up the Fall felt ball garland that Anna and Frankie got me for my bday. I'm in love! #itsperfect

This weekend of celebrating 35 was one of my all-time favorites. It was special, fun, sweet, and timely. My friends and family are the best and I'm so thankful for them. 

**As I face 35 and some unexpected challenges that have already come up, the verses I'm claiming (and working on memorizing) for this next year are 1 Corinthians 1:21-22~ Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. I am His and He is faithful! 

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

No comments: