Tuesday, October 2, 2018

An Update on Life Lately

It's been a while since my last post and I shared about our newest family member Miss Harlie. Life has been sweet, challenging, crazy, and a little hard over the past few weeks. Our family (the 5 of us) have had a LOT going on, and our family (the tens of us... on both my mom's and dad's side) have had even MORE than a lot going on. It's been an overwhelming stretch, but we know He is faithful and His grace is sufficient. 

I'm still not doing so great with pictures and documenting but I wanted to post what I do have. Even though it's become challenging, I love this blog and want to try really hard to keep up the family scrapbook of memories. So maybe I'll get back on track soon.

First up is some pictures of school related things my boys have done. (I thought I had a picture of something Austin made but I can't find it. So I'll have to include something in an upcoming post. 😊)

A few weeks ago, Layton's class voted on what to name their new plant.... and Layton suggested Garrison. Hahaha. I laughed so hard. Unfortunately, Peppa beat out Garrison, but the fam is still proud!

Layton also drew a picture of the people in his family last month. I thought he did pretty good for his first ever school drawing!

We are super proud of our biggest boy and the young man he is becoming. 

Soccer is in full swing for us and our free time is pretty much consumed with it. While it's a huge commitment to have 3 boys playing on 3 different teams in 2 different locations, it's worth it to watch them play. Practices are tough on me but I love the games. I'm trying to cherish and soak it all up because it's already flying by!
 



This is such a sweet and powerful reminder that I had to save. I love Benjamin Watson and his words of wisdom.


First game of the season for Layton Thomas! He keeps getting better and better.

Terrell and I had to drive separate to Garrison's game so this is what the aftermath of first games looked like on the way home for my littles. Bless them. A day full of soccer wears you out!

All 3 boys got to enjoy Grandparents Day at school! And Piper was included and invited to each one! 😊



My para and I have grown really close over the past 2 years and become good friends. We are opposites in a lot of ways but balance each other out... in the classroom and in regular life stuff sometimes too! She has started leaving me sweet, encouraging notes every now and then at school that have made a big difference on some of my more challenging days. I love and appreciate her!

A couple of weeks ago I went upstairs to wake the boys up for school and found all 3 of my babies in the same bed. Their pillows were even turned up and down and they didn't budge when I walked in or turned on their lamp or anything. They were sleeping sooo good.... and my heart MELTED. They've been sleeping in the same room for about 3 months now, but they've never slept in the same bed. Until now. #sweetboys #sometimes 

Buggy Days weekend was a fun one! We started with soccer (Terrell and Garrison had to miss out because of out of town soccer games), hit up the parade, and enjoyed a family day browsing and shopping on Sunday. Other than the miserable, awful heat, it was a great weekend!

We even had paratroopers land in our park just before the parade!




I also found a couple of cute door hangers for Spring and Winter! Woohoo!!


Yearbook/school pictures have been done for all 4 Selphs who are still in school. 😊




Our community is just the best. We have some sweet parents and volunteers and who organize "Pick a Trojan" each year and teachers get to create a wish list and receive some much needed supplies and such for our classrooms from parents and other community members. It's like Christmas morning when our goodies arrive!! Thanks again Brandi!!

I remembered to take pre-game pictures on Saturday of my soccer players. They are so fun to watch.




Garrison Cade had his last pool party of the summer this past weekend and had a blast. We are so thankful for his great group of friends!

And I think that catches me up a little on life lately. It's been challenging and wild but we're hanging in there...… and now we are just days away from FALL BREAK! #praisehands It's coming at just the right time and we are thankful and excited!! Hopefully I'll be able to get back to a routine of blogging during the break too. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: