Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Pumpkin Patch 2018

We were able to make it to the pumpkin patch on Saturday morning at the end of our Fall Break. We slept a little late that morning and then got ready for our annual trip. Everyone was super excited and looking forward to the whole morning. Yes, there was a little complaining about having to take pictures from at least one of my strapping young men, and yes there was some complaining about my choice of clothing for them from at least one of my handsome angels, but there was excitement, joy, and HAPPINESS about our trip to the pumpkin patch.... from at least one of my sweet loves. I think we experienced all the emojis that morning. Sigh. 

*Disclaimer: I've always taken pictures at the pumpkin patch of my kiddos. Every year it's been a tradition. And just because they're getting older doesn't mean I'm ready to give it up. It is forced at times and met with some opposition, but the tradition continues. I may have to start cutting back a tad, but we'll worry about that another day. 😉 

We arrived shortly after the farm opened and my big boys just weren't as excited as they should've been. The start to our experience was definitely a case of Forced Family Fun. Thank goodness my husband has a great sense of humor and helped us make the most of it. He's also great with getting everyone "motivated" for pictures. Haha. 

We started with forcing them to pose and take pictures like we have every other visit. A trip down memory lane shall we? 





And here they are this year. My babies are growing so fast!! 



We even got some individual pictures this year! My oldest wasn't thrilled but he's so photogenic you couldn't tell. 😊



Oh these boys of mine. They keep me humble, keep me laughing, keep me praying, keep me a little crazy, keep me on my toes, and keep me overflowing with joy. #everydayisanadventure



We also got a really great family picture! 

Then we let the boys change shirts and do whatever they wanted on the farm. For a while our oldest two, especially the firstborn, just wasn't into it. And Terrell and I looked at each other and said They're growing up. This may be our last year here. How did this happen?!? Oh, how it just tugged at my heart! Growing pains for mama are REAL!! But, by God's grace, slowly they came around and started having actual fun. It was a gift from Jesus. 



They have always loved the corn house and enjoyed a good stretch of playing in there before we stopped to get some drink and go on the hayride. 😊

Afterwards the boys found pecans. And they were HOOKED. Hahaha. They collected and gathered and ran around and had the best time ever. We had to pry them away to pick out a pumpkin and feed the animals and do other things. Ha! They just wanted to become professional pecan collectors and stay forever. 

We did finally feed the goats.... Garrison was a natural. 

Layton came around but basically threw the food at them...

And Austin never really "went for it". He played it safe and tossed them a little food every now and then or had Garrison feed the goats for him. 😊

We picked out our big pumpkin to carve and then the boys got to pick a complimentary pumpkin... which they painted on Sunday afternoon. 



We ended up staying all morning and even past lunch time. They didn't want to leave!! Things may have started a little rocky, but they didn't stay that way. Phew! The tradition of fun continues!! The boys are growing up and that means some gradual changes for sure, but we're holding on to our traditions for as long as we can. 😊 We're calling Pumpkin Patch 2018 different, but successful!

No comments: