Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday Favorites: Fall Break Edition!

HAPPY FRIDAY! And yay for being able to blog my Friday Favorites this week!! 😊

This week has been a wonderful and very much needed break from our normal routine. Fall Break came at just the right time and we've enjoyed our care-free days and evenings lots this week. And, because it was Fall Break, I was very intentional about taking pictures and really trying to soak up the little things.... and document them. 😊 (I would love to get back to blogging "Friday Favorites" because I feel like these posts are such a true look at regular, daily life at this moment in time... but man, this school year is challenging me and finding the time to blog consistently is tough! Maybe this week will help me get on track. Fingers crossed!!) ANYWAY, here's a look at my favorite happenings from our week of Fall Break.....

*We kicked off the week with a lunch date with daddy (which isn't pictured thanks to a little craziness/drama, ha, but everything turned out okay and we had a great lunch date together). Right before lunch, these two went with me to grab a few things from Walmart...… and look closely at the picture to see if you can figure out what's wrong here. SIGH. I should start conducting wardrobe checks before we leave the house. Gracious. 

*We made not one, but TWO trips to the library this week. My boys (and their mama) looooove the library. 😊

*Other than one day and night of hurricane-induced weather, we enjoyed beautiful days almost all week and got in lots of outside time.

*Two out of three boys are still great car nappers and the one who doesn't nap reads quietly, which is a win-win for mama!

*The boys spent the day and night with Terrell's parents on Tuesday and had a ball. They got in time at the park and tons of play time at Nana's and Pops' house. 




*While the boys were having fun with their grandparents, Terrell took me out on a date! We were a little wet from the rain but had a great night together enjoying our kid-free time!

*I also got to enjoy a lunch date with my 3 guys at our fave pizza buffet. 😊

*Before the hurricane weather arrived we rented a couple of new movies and enjoyed movie night as a family. Soooo nice on a Wednesday!

*Then on Thursday morning after breakfast, the boys watched another movie. #weheartfallbreak

*We got in our first walk of Fall this week too!

*Terrell surprised me with a couples devotional for us this week too. I love him. 😊

*The boys got in some Twister before bed last night! Terrell and I took turns as the "spinners" as we weren't up to being contestants. Hahaha.


It's been a sweet, relaxing, lovely week. We've had some crazy fighting, some huge messes, and some wild adventures this week, but we have ALL thoroughly enjoyed our break from school, soccer, homework, making lunches, waking up early, and the busy-ness of our regular school-year routine. And the fun continues today and this weekend! Hopefully I'll blog about it next week. 😊 We are refreshed, rejuvenated, and THANKFUL.

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!!

No comments: