Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Favorites: Austin's Birthday Week Edition

My absolute favorite parts of this week were enjoying the long weekend with my guys and celebrating my middle's 3rd birthday. We have had a full, exhausting, exciting, blessed week.

**And a quick sidenote about my "job experience" this week... I was worn out and run ragged but everything went really well! I definitely have some ideas and things I want to tweak in the future once we have a bigger house, but I thought things went very smoothly keeping up with a 3 year old, almost 1 year old, and a 6 month old for 2 whole days! For the immediate future I will probably be keeping Baby M a couple times a month. The perfect way to ease my way into working again. =)

***And another quick sidenote about my pictures this week... Living in "This Old House" is getting old. The background of my pictures is not cute. Ugh. Trying to make the best of it though since there's nothing we can do about it. Our house in Covington has shown a few more times and has been "2nd choice" for buyers twice now. Pray hard for it to be 1st choice for someone soon!

Now for my favorite moments from the week...

*Celebrating Austin Carson Selph's birthday of course! And I just loved this collage my sister put together on FB. My babies are LOVED. Such a blessing!

 
*Speaking of the birthday boy... We painted an airplane together. Clothespins and craft sticks have lots of uses. =)
 
*Garrison is learning to tie his shoes! He's doing really well and I'm super proud of him. This is a challenging little milestone and my firstborn is known to get frustrated easily when he can't get something just right, right away. But he is handling this with patience and almost has it down!

*Austin and I put our painted airplane in the sky later this week. Learning about transportation has been fun for both of us.
 
*Tuesday evening I was exhausted. It was my first day keeping Baby M and mama was just SPENT. It seriously reminded me of the first day of school when I was teaching. Everything was tired. My feet, my brain, my voice. Everything. So Terrell let me take Garrison to soccer practice. Alone. Ahhhhhh. Sweet relief. It was the most relaxing thing ever. I sat down and rested while I watched Garrison play soccer and while Terrell held down the fort with the littles. That hour long breather was just what I needed.  
 
*Celebrating Austin's birthday with all my boys was the best. I can't get enough of them!

*Lunch time sweetness with this baby. He is so cute when he eats I just want to kiss him all over. All of my boys I have enjoyed mealtimes from a very early age. =)

*Austin and I made a transportation collage by cutting out pictures of transporation from magazines. It was a great way to review everything we've talked about, great practice with scissors, and great fun for Austin with a glue stick. =)

*Last night soccer practice was cancelled for both big boys due to weather, so these 2 played and played and played all night with these balloons. They had so much fun... of course it didn't end so well when things got out of hand... but they had a really long stretch of just playing and laughing and not being too wild and crazy, and that part was wonderful. =)

Tomorrow is party day for us! I have a LOT to do between now and 11:00 in the morning but I know it will come together and that we'll all have tons of fun celebrating our sweet boy. Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!!!

No comments: