Thursday, August 22, 2013

14 Weeks!

Hello baby #3! I only thought I got big with Austin fast... Whoa. Baby Selph is growing... or maybe it's mainly me. Gracious.

Tuesday marked 14 weeks for us so we're moving right along. Unfortunately Tuesday was a sort of rough day because I was sick with a cold or something. (Which is why my eyes are weak and puffy in this picture.) I have a doctor's appointment with my primary care doctor this afternoon after Terrell gets home just to be safe. Tuesday and Wednesday I felt the worst and today has been much better.

Here's a quick little update...
Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 14 weeks

Size of baby: 3 1/4 to 4 inches long and weighs 1 ounce. About the size of a small orange. =)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm guessing about 5 pounds but I honestly have no idea. We don't own a scale and I don't go back to the doctor until next Friday. However, I have definitely, without a doubt, gained. See picture above as evidence.

Maternity Clothes: Here and there. Most of my regular, non-maternity tops just don't fit anymore. I can still wear most of my regular pants... not sure how much longer that will last though.

Gender: Still waiting. We should be able to find out next month! Terrell still thinks it's a boy... partly because of our track record and partly because of the fact that I haven't been really sick. (Almost everyone we know who has had a girl was sick during their pregnancy... not everybody but almost.) I was thinking boy and now I'm not sure. As in, I have no idea. Not a single instinct or inclination either way. It's sort of strange but also exciting. =)

Movement: I've felt a few more little flutters but nothing that I knew without a doubt was definitely the baby. I can't wait until I feel him/her and know for sure.

Food Cravings: Snack foods and ice cream lately

What I Miss: Sleeping all night without waking up.

Sleep: My sleeping has gotten better. I still don't sleep the entire night without waking up but I'm sleeping much, much better than I was. Praise the Lord!

Symptons: I still get a touch of morning sickness almost every morning. As long as I can grab a cracker or something salty I'm usually fine. I'm still having crazy dreams occassionally and still have to go to the bathroom quite a bit.  

Best Moment This Week: Buying new maternity clothes and realizing I actually have some of my energy back!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Being rid of this cold or whatever it is I have and going to the doctor next week. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat!

And just for fun here is a little comparison...
 
Austin's update at 12 weeks
 
Austin's update at 14 weeks

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi Meggie, I've been meaning to tell you CONGRATS!!! I hope it's a girl!!! I'm a firm believer that all daddies should be a daddy to at least 1 girl...it changes their outlook on things. Anywho, I didn't get sick AT ALL while pregnant with Avery, but got a little nauseaus at the beginning & end with Jack. Cant wait to find out :)