Sunday, March 20, 2011

14 Weeks

Yesterday marked 14 weeks for us! I am hoping and praying that week 14 is WAY better than week 13. Let's just say the 2nd trimester did not get off to a good start. Somehow, out of the blue, I got really sick starting on Tuesday morning and couldn't keep anything down. It was bad. All I could do was lay around and feel nauseous and miserable and occasionally find relief after throwing up. The toughest part for me was not being able to be there for Garrison and help take care of him. It made me feel helpless and frustrated. Something else I hated about being sick was feeling so hungry during the night, to the point of feeling nauseous, but not wanting to eat anything. It was so weird. I had absolutely no appetite even though it felt like I was starving. One night I got up at 3:00 in the morning and ate a banana and some dry cereal because I was so desperate. Thankfully I managed to keep down bananas, granola bars, toast, and a tad bit of soup to get me through the week. After throwing up my breakfast on Thursday morning, I gave up and called the doctor. They prescribed some medicine for me and I finally felt some relief on Friday. I am so grateful for Terrell taking Garrison to school Tuesday and Thursday plus taking off the afternoon on Thursday just to be with me and for my mom coming over Wednesday and Terrell's mom coming over Friday. I couldn't have made it without them! Now on to week 14...


Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 14 weeks

Size of baby: 3 1/4 to 4 inches long and weighs 1 ounce. Still about the size of a lemon. =)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm not really sure because I actually lost weight this week

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but should be ready for them soon

Gender: Still waiting and excited to know

Movement: I thought I felt a couple of little flutters yesterday but I can't be sure. It took me quite a while to feel Garrison so I'm sort of doubtful...

Food Cravings: Last week I didn't have an appetite for anything. This weekend I'm craving a milkshake.

What I Miss: Feeling normal! Thankfully "normal" is in sight and I think I'm almost there.

Sleep: I slept a lot during the day last week just from feeling terrible and weak. I haven't been sleeping quite as good at night... I think it's due to resting/napping so much during the day, waking up hungry, still having some crazy dreams, etc.

Symptons: I'm feeling so much better that I can't even think of any particular symptons I've had for the past couple of days

Best Moment This Week: Being able to take medicine that made me better!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Things getting back to normal around our house!!


No comments: