Monday, March 7, 2011

12 Weeks

Saturday marked the 12 week point for us, but I didn't have my 12 week appointment until today. Thankfully everything went great and I'm so proud I didn't gain anymore weight! Between my very first appointment at 5 weeks and my ultrasound appointment at 9 weeks, I gained 4 lbs... so I was a little nervous about weighing today. It's crazy because this time around I feel like I've started showing immediately, but I'm also trying to eat healthier and be more active with this pregnancy. I guess we'll see how things go as the baby grows. I think I'm going to do one of these "updates" with a picture and everything, every other week. That way I'm not overwhelmed trying to keep up with doing it every single week (and writing a lot of the same things over and over again), but I can still track my pregnancy and look back and remember everything. So, here's my first one:
Thanks for taking the pic Anna!
Pregnancy Highlights
How far along:12 weeks
Size of baby: 2 and 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1/2 of an ounce. He or she is about the size of a lemon!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 4 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Gender: We don't know yet but we can't wait to find out! This week I think we're both sort of thinking girl, but we don't have a strong feeling either way.
Movement: I can't feel anything yet but I'm definitely looking forward to it. =)
Food Cravings: None that I can think of, but I'm loving snacks (peanuts, almonds, crackers, grapes, bananas, chips, etc)
What I Miss: Energy! I'm hoping I get it back starting next week with the 2nd trimester! Sometimes being busy with Garrison makes me forget that I'm feeling tired/sleepy/drained but sometimes all I want to do is rest on the couch while he plays.
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty good... but I rarely sleep all night long without waking up. I've been having crazy dreams that wake me up every night and I usually always wake up before my alarm goes off because of my full bladder.
Symptons: I have to go potty a lot, my appetite has been a little weird (I'm tired of eating what I normally love to eat), occasionally I feel light-headed/dizzy, an empty stomach makes me feel sickish (but I really hesitate to refer to myself as ever feeling "sick" because I've only experienced true sickness like 3 times this entire pregnancy.)
Best Moment This Week: Hearing the heartbeat! The sweetest sound ever!!
What I'm Looking Forward To: Just being pregnant and starting the 2nd trimester



No comments: