Wednesday, August 7, 2013

12 Weeks!

Yesterday marked 12 weeks of pregnancy for us... and the baby bump is out! And growing. =)Between pregnancy and going back to school (I think the week of pre-planning is the toughest week of the school year for me) I am spent. Big time. I'm hoping to keep feeling better and better as I adjust to going back to school and as I enter the 2nd trimester. That's what I'm praying for at least! I don't have to go back to the doctor until the end of this month, but in the meantime, here's an update on baby and mama.
 
 
Pregnancy Highlights

How far along:12 weeks

Size of baby: 2 and 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1/2 of an ounce. He or she is about the size of a large plum!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: When I went to the doctor about a week and a half ago I had only gained a pound. By now I'm thinking I've gained 1 or 2 more... but I won't find out for sure until I go back to the doctor in 3 weeks.

Maternity Clothes: I broke down and put on a pair of maternity shorts last week. It was so nice. Everything is getting tighter so I'm having to wear my longer, slightly bigger clothes... but no maternity clothes yet... except for those shorts. =)

Gender: We don't know yet but Terrell and I both have a stronger boy feeling. I think the main reason for this is because boys is all we know so it's sort of hard to picture us with a girl. I had a really strong feeling Garrison was a boy. I've just always felt strongly that our firstborn would be a boy. Then I had a sort of strong feeling Austin was a girl. So I've been both right and wrong. Terrell thought they were both girls so he's 0-2 so far. Haha.

Movement: I've felt a flutter or two but can't be sure if it's the baby. I'm thinking it will be a few more weeks before I can really feel him or her.

Food Cravings: I'm really loving yogurt. It's my go-to cold snack. I'm also loving lots of crackers. Any kind of crackers is my go-to I'm feeling nauesous or queasy snack.

What I Miss: Good sleep and not feeling queasy and sickish every single morning.

Sleep: The sleep isn't going so well right now. It was going great but now not so much. I usually am SO tired when I go to bed but end up tossing and turning or waking up hot or having CRAZY dreams that keep me from a deep sleep. And if one of those things wakes me up after I've already fallen asleep it takes me FOREVER to go back to sleep. Ugh. It's pretty frustrating but hopefully it won't last.

Symptons: I feel sick at some point every single morning. If I can eat a few crackers it usually passes pretty quickly... but without fail it's gonna hit me sometime every morning. Thankfully I haven't thrown up or anything. I'm having crazy, crazy dreams... strange and weird and random dreams. I have no energy and pretty much feel like I'm walking around in a state of exhaustion all the time. Oh, and I have to potty all day long... can't forget that one.

Best Moment This Week: Sharing our news with everyone and not keeping it a secret any longer. We told our parents and sisters last month but we made them wait to tell anyone for a few weeks after that. Now our grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, people at work, people at church... everyone knows and can share in our joy. =)

What I'm Looking Forward To: The 2nd trimester, getting my energy back, adjusting to our new school schedule, and hearing the the baby's heartbeat... something we haven't been able to do yet. I can't wait!

No comments: