Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday, Monday

We had such a great weekend. We got Mexican take-out Friday night. We slept in Saturday morning and enjoyed the cooler temps. We went shopping for me a few maternity clothes Saturday afternoon. We celebrated Terrell's birthday with his family Saturday night. And we enjoyed another Sunday in Sunday School Sunday morning. It was pretty wonderful. Austin didn't sleep the best because of being congested during the night, but other than that we had a pretty awesome weekend.

Then came Monday.

Bright and early.

4:03 AM to be exact.

My sweet baby boy woke up crying. Bless his heart. He just couldn't breathe good and couldn't fall back to sleep on his own. So daddy went in and worked his magic and rocked him and rubbed his back and he went back to sleep shortly.

Until 4:42 AM.

Since I had been lying awake since 4:03 (for some CRAZY reason, it usually takes me a while to go back to sleep after being woke up in the middle of the night... UGH), and Terrell was happily sleeping away, I went in... cause technically it was my turn. He was happy to see me. =) I didn't mind cuddling with him and helping him back to sleep and was actually back in bed about 12 minutes later.

Then I finally went to sleep. Then the alarm went off. Then the craziness of Monday began.

Several of my students weren't exactly happy to discover they had to come back to school today. We had 2 cry off and on the whole day. Oh, how that makes for a long school day. Plus, I'm not feeling well. I'm not sure if I have what Austin has or if it's something different, but whatever it is it is not welcome and can go ahead and leave now.

Then I get home and realize I forgot to get something at the grocery store that I need for tonight's meal. A meal Terrell picked out for his "birthday meal" since tomorrow on his actual birthday we have a date night. At least the main dish won't be effected. Sigh.

Then I need to unpack lunch boxes, start the dishwasher, straighten and clean my house a little, and take a little nap. That was a bright spot. That and my husband spilling the beans about this plans for my 30th birthday coming up in October. I love him. =)

Sooo, on this late Monday afternoon I still need to cook and clean and take care of my kiddos. Then, I think I'll go to bed early and look forward to welcoming Tuesday, another day, a chance for a better day, and my wonderful hubby's birthday. So thankful for new days after not so great ones.

No comments: