Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend News

*My baby boy wore big boy underwear all weekend long!! He did great! We had a few accidents but overall were super proud and impressed with how well he did. We think he's almost there. We even made it on a few outings totally dry. Yay!!

*My hubby and I made our homemade laundry detergent this weekend. It's always a little bit of a chore to have to do it (or maybe I'm just lazy... that's how I feel all the time lately) but once we finished we were VERY glad we now how about 9 gallons of detergent and tons and tons of loads of laundry taken care of. Yay for saving money!

*On Friday night we took the boys to one of their favorite places ever to eat... Stevi B's. They love the pizza there and we love that we can eat out for about $14. A cheap, but yummy pizza buffet- it's a win-win. When we told Garrison he was so excited and named us the best parents ever. Just kidding. But he did make us feel like the best parents ever.

*On Saturday we did a little last minute back to school shopping. Mainly for lunch box items since our supplies had to be turned in at Open House on Thursday. Tomorrow is the big day. My big boy is starting Pre-K. He's been really excited mixed with some nervous emotions too. Tonight he told me he was glad I was going to be there. (I'll be right across the hall... next year is going to be tough when he moves on to big school) We think we're ready for tomorrow. I said a special prayer with both boys for their teachers and their friends and their day tomorrow. I also read The Kissing Hand to Garrison. It was sweet. Now I'm ready to pray for myself and my new group of babies and that we are all protected from sickness this school year. Last year was ROUGH.

*Terrell and I went back to Sunday School for the 3rd Sunday in a row. We still don't know everybody and we still aren't totally comfortable but we're making progress and feel confident this is where God wants us. Today everybody shared a little about their families... names and ages of kids mainly. We enjoyed finding out who had kids the same ages as ours and who had girls and who had boys... and we especially enjoyed hearing that multiple couples in our class have 3 kiddos. Yay for feeling normal. =)

*My husband, who doesn't like to read AT ALL, read 9 chapters of The Duck Commander Family last night. I am sooooooo proud of him!! He actually really enjoyed it! I knew he would... which is why I got it for him for Father's Day... and then I read it myself so I could encourage him to read it. It is really, really good. If you love Duck Dynasty, you should read it. I highly recommend it.

That's all our weekend news. Pray for us tomorrow as we begin our journey of a brand new school year!

No comments: