Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wild Days

I don't know if it's happening everywhere what with Spring being in the air (at least it's supposed to be in the air) and the school year winding down or if it's just in my neck of the woods, but we have had some WILD days this week. Most of the wildness I've encountered has been courtesy of these 2 precious loves... 
But even my class of preschoolers have contributed. Oh my gracious what has gotten everybody so wound up that they're bouncing off the walls??

Tuesday afternoon the boys were totally and completely hyper while I cooked supper. Off. the. chain. wound up. They were running around chasing each other and racing and tackling and laughing and squealing and were just 90 to nothing. Then there was a little screaming and crying involved if someone got hurt or if Garrison wanted a break but Austin was still trying to chase and tackle him. It was wild. I was so tempted to get frustrated with all the interruptions in cooking but I told myself to soak it up because 75% of the wildness and noise was pure fun and laughter for my boys. I am so thankful they have a best bud in each other.

Tuesday also included Austin climbing on top of the coffee table. Oh dear. Nooooooooooo. Thankfully he hasn't attempted it again. (Yet.)

Garrison has been "rough" ever since Austin became mobile. I think sub-consciouly he knew it was time to fight for his right to his own space and toys. He plays hard, he likes to wrestle, he's competitive, he's just a rough and tumble boy. BUT, he's never been a big risk-taker. He never climbed on anything as a toddler. He plays it safe when trying something new. He's definitely my more careful child. Austin is a tad different. I guess it's just the nature of being the second born. Baby boy is capable of being fearless. He likes to climb. He likes doing whatever Garrison is doing even if he's a little too small for it. And he managed to slide down our slide at home head first yesterday afternoon complete with a tumble through the grass at the end. (This was Terrell's recap since mama wasn't home.)

Garrison slid head first down the slide at school yesterday. So I'm not sure what is going on.

All the kids were crazy at school yesterday. One of my little girls ran around in circles during Music and had to be told multiple times (sternly) to join the class on the rug. She just preferred running around in circles. It was crazy and almost funny to watch. While my girls at school ran around and had very little self-control the whole day, my boys were non-stop talkers. They played together well and had their moments of forgetting self control but we just couldn't get them to be quiet. Crazy.

I hope it's not just me. My kids. My students. My life. Ha! At least no one has been hurt throughout this stretch of wildness. I'm thankful for that. And I really am thankful for my boys being able to have such a good time together. I love them laughing, playing, and squealing together. And I really am thankful that school is almost over so my sweet students can have some summer fun with their parents. =) We're all excited for summer! In the meantime I just wouldn't mind if everybody would take it down a notch. That, or I'll have to join in the wildness and run around and act crazy too... 

No comments: