Monday, May 13, 2013

Best gifts

My greatest blessings and BEST gifts on Mother's Day and everyday....



Even though Mother's Day weekend was nothing like we expected or planned and I still wasn't totally well and back to normal after the infamous stomach bug that wouldn't go away, it was still a blessed weekend. A very blessed weekend to be exact.

After feeling sorry for myself for days on end because of how bad I felt and how much I wished I could eat or have more energy or not be sick or just feel normal, on Mother's Day, I felt grateful. Extra grateful.

I have been blessed with 2 healthy, energetic little boys, an amazing mom who taught me how to be a mom, a wonderful mother-in-law, and 2 sweet grandmothers who have led, sacrificed, and set examples for their families from the start. So much about me is because of these ladies. God placed them in my life and made me their daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter on purpose and I am so thankful. And I'm especially thankful I was able to spend time with each one of them this weekend.

Being a mama and being blessed with a very special mama, mother-in-law, Granny, and Nanny are the best gifts on Mother's Day.

Hopefully I'll be able to recap our entire weekend soon. It didn't go exactly as planned but it was most certainly a blessing and definitely worth remembering. =)

No comments: