Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Some of my Favorite Things About Being Their Mom

With Mother's Day coming up this weekend and lots of Mother's Day happenings occurring at school and home, it's time for my annual list of favorite things about being mom to my babies. These lists could never cover it all but it they do hit on the highlights of the best part about their ages and personalities right now. My favorites.

Garrison~
 
*Having you sit in my lap while I read to you. I know you'll outgrow this one day but for now it's one of my favorite things.
 
*Unexpected mid-day hugs when we see each other at school. Melt my heart.
 
*Watching you play baseball. I LOVE watching you do something you love.
 
*Listening to you tell a story or recap an event. Your southern drawl is distinctive and precious.
 
*Watching and listening to you play and laugh with Austin. Music to my ears.
 
*Teaching you something new. I hope you always keep that love of learning!
 
*Watching your excitement when daddy gets home. So sweet.
 
*Listening to you encourage and praise Austin. You are such a good big brother.
 
*Hearing you call for me like you've got something important to say and then hearing "I love you". Precious.
 
*Playing card games with you. (Our fun, annual before-bed routine)
 
*Receiving "pictures" from you. You work so hard on your pictures and drawings and I'm honored to be on the receiving end of some of those masterpieces.
 
*Your compassion. You are always quick to comfort when mama, daddy, or Austin is hurt or sick. It is the sweetest, most loving thing and one of my absolute favorite things about you.
 
I LOVE YOU GARRISON CADE!!!
 
Austin~
 
*Feeling your head on my shoulder. LOVE.
 
*Reading to you. One of both of our favorite things.
 
*Rocking you. I know you'll outgrow it soon but for now I'm soaking it up.
 
*Watching you have fun with Garrison. I am SO thankful for the relationship and friendship y'all have already.
 
*Seeing you run down the hall as fast as your little legs will take you. I could watch you run around over and over and over again. And I do!
 
*Listening to you talk. Cutest. Thing. Ever.
 
*Watching you "read" books. Proud mama moment every single time.
 
*Hearing you laugh. Your laugh is so sweet and contagious.
 
*Seeing your face light up and the biggest smile when you see me or your daddy after we've been apart. Mama and daddy both want to hold onto this forever!
 
*Having you hold my hand and pull me where you want me to go. There is nothing like the feeling of those sweet little fingers holding onto mine.
 
*Seeing you wave to complete strangers like y'all are best friends. You are sooo friendly and I love that about you.
 
*The way you love me. =) You are still a mama's boy and that's something I'm going to treasure while I can!
 
I LOVE YOU AUSTIN SELPH!!!
 
 
What a blessing to be mama to these 2 boys! I'm looking forward to a special "Muffins with Mom" with Garrison at school and celebrating Mother's Day this weekend with family. Yay for Mother's Day week!

No comments: