Thursday, May 16, 2013

Everyday Life Lately

I think the Selph household is finally back on track and back to normal. Praise Jesus! I thought we'd never get here. I know that sounds dramatic but we had a ROUGH time of it all of last week. Like every single day. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who did his best to keep things running and our children fed and bathed while mama was barely out of bed for a week. Anyway, here's what everyday life has looked like pre, mid, and post stomach bug.
 
Pre: Things were pretty great the day before. The boys stopped their drive to wave at mama. =)
 
After supper the Thursday before last we took a family walk. Garrison rode his bike with Terrell jogging close beside while I pushed Austin. I had more than one moment of wanting to freeze time on our walk. Love my family!
 
Mid: The stomach bug arrived late Thursday night and into the wee hours of Friday morning. This was Friday afternoon. Baby boy bounced back quick. I vacuumed and the boys ran around with a "piece" to the vacuum. One of their favorite things to do ever.
 
Friday night Terrell and Garrison had a date at the pizza buffet while Austin and I stayed home. Still wasn't safe for Austin to eat pizza.
 
Saturday morning victims #2 and #3, Garrison and daddy, came down with the stomach bug. While I was tending to one or both patients, Austin dumped the box of corn flakes in the floor. Gracious. This day turned out to be the longest ever.
 
Saturday for lunch Austin and I escaped for our own little date to get away from the house. We had a fun time together.
 
Since Garrison's Braves baseball season and the Atlanta Braves baseball season started about the same time, my chalkboard said this for a long stretch. Then the Atlanta Braves started doing bad and Garrison's season started winding down...
 
So I changed it to say this... The perfect reminder to keep going and be grateful for each day even if I was miserable.
 
Garrison had a game mid-week and we thought we were all better. Until I got sick again later that night. Ahhhhhhhh.
 
Then my big boy kept falling asleep during naptime and we took him to the doctor only to discover he had strep throat again. 6 times in 6 months. We're looking at having his tonsils taken out this summer.

Post: Woohoo!! Saturday night everyone is finally starting to feel better. The boys even got in some fun play time with daddy. They took turns letting him pick them up and swing them around. I layed in bed watching and smiling. My blessings.
 
Mother's Day was the biggest turning point because we knew then we were going to make it. =)
 
And there you have it. A pre, mid, and post sickness glance. We're ready to take on summertime now!

No comments: