Monday, May 6, 2013

Sick Days

So unfortunately our wild days turned to sick days less than 24 hours since I published my previous post. YUCK. The stomach bug made it's way around to every single member of the family. It was the longest. weekend. ever. And not in a good way.

Thursday night Terrell woke me up around 11:45 and told me that Austin had just thrown up everywhere. He was going to need a bath and his sheets changed, the works. So while I put him in the tub and tried getting the grossness washed away and my baby boy smelling good again, Terrell took care of the mess in his room and got ready to start a load of laundry. Thursday night turned out to be reeally long. Austin got sick multiple times and was just pitiful. Finally he fell asleep laying on my chest and whenever he had to throw up I just caught it with an old bib or burp cloth. A few of those became casualties. Bless his heart. I felt soooo sorry for him. There's nothing worse than seeing your baby sick. Thankfully he slept through most of it and finally wanted to lay down in his crib around 4:00 that morning. And then it was over. He suffered through a few hours but slept late the next morning and bounced back quick. We thought we were in the clear with Friday going so good for everybody...

Enter Saturday morning. Garrison woke up sick. Nooooooooo. Poor baby had caught the bug. He's had the stomach bug before but it's never lasted a full day. This time it did. He was sick the whole day. It was awful. First and foremost because he was miserable and pitiful but second because Terrell was coming down with it too. It was the longest day. I was left to keep Austin away from Garrison and daddy while also trying to take care of Garrison and daddy. It was a constant balancing act of getting Austin out of the house but being home enough to make sure Terrell and Garrison were okay and taken care of. Plus it was pouring down raining so that just added to the craziness. By the end of the day I was on the verge of a meltdown and wasn't feeling like the best nurse. Thankfully Garrison turned a corner late afternoon but poor hubby was only feeling worse. Terrell's symptons were different than the rest of ours but we're still convinced it was some type of stomach bug.

Saturday night after getting the boys in bed I was exhausted. And something told me I wasn't going to escape the nasty bug myself. Ugh. After I started feeling bad we decided to go ahead and call my parents to see if they could come pick up the boys first thing Sunday morning. We knew we couldn't take care of them if we were both sick. We were desperate. Saturday night was long and miserable for me but having the day to rest Sunday while my husband waited on me was just what I needed. I'm so thankful Granna and Papa took care of the boys for us. I could hardly get out of bed by myself the whole day. Being that sick just takes it out of you!

Terrell took the boys to school today so I'd have a little extra time to rest. Getting my strength and energy back is taking forever. I'm so ready to feel normal again. At least it's behind us now. We are very thankful to have the never ending weekend over and done with. And we're also thankful that daddy bounced back super fast. He has been taking great care of me and the boys and I don't know what we'd do with out him.

I'll take wild days over sick days any day. I just need to get back to myself first. No rush on the wildness.

No comments: