Monday, May 20, 2013

1st Day of Summer

Friday was our first official day of summer. And we got off to a great start! The boys slept a little later (yay!) and with it being a special day, we had a bigger than usual breakfast. I hope those 2 things are a regular occurence this summer. =)
 
After breakfast the boys played together while I cleaned up the kitchen, did a little laundry, and made up the bed. Having each other to play with and entertain has been the biggest blessing... for me and them!
 
After taking care of my little chores, we had some play time inside. We mainly worked on puzzles. Lots and lots of them. While wearing necklaces. Ha!

After finishing up puzzles I got them dressed and we got out to take care of one 5 minute errand. As soon as we got home we went outside in hopes of playing in the sprinkler (something I had planned for and promised them the day before)... except as soon as we got out I knew it wasn't warm enough or sunny enough to get wet quite yet. So we settled for bubbles and sidewalk chalk instead.
After a little incident that included some fighting, tears, and not being nice we decided to head back inside. This time we did some art. Austin drew with chalk on the chalkboard and Garrison drew with markers on the whiteboard. They were precious. Of course Austin only lasted 5 minutes but it was still fun and something I'm sure we'll do lots this summer.
Finally it was time for lunch. Even though the morning went well, it still felt looong. I've definitely got to get used to the whole "full day ahead of us and naptime doesn't start until after lunch" routine. (I still don't feel totally adjusted to Austin dropping the morning nap.)

After lunch was naptime, then snack time, then we got in bathing suits and went outside to enjoy the sprinkler. They had lots of fun. Especially Garrison. Austin wasn't a huge fan but I think between watching Garrison and the playtime they had when I turned the sprinkler off (Garrison requested the sprinkler be turned off and on throughout the afternoon so he could drive his car around and play on the slide with Austin) he had a fun time too.

We stayed outside until daddy got home with our pizza and then after supper we went back out. This time daddy played in the sprinkler too. They loved it. He's such a good daddy.

Austin is laughing in this picture, not crying. He liked it way better if you held him and ran through. =)
We had a really great first day of summer and a super fun Friday night. I'm hoping day 2 goes just as well!

No comments: