Monday, April 29, 2013

Everyday Life Lately

As I just mentioned yesterday, I read a lot of blogs. Sometimes reading other blogs turns into my nightly reading before bed. Especially if it's been a super busy day and I haven't had a chance to read my faves that morning before the kids wake up. I am addicted. It's a fact. But I'm working to keep my blog reading limited to either early morning, after the kids are in bed, or naptime. Being on the computer while they're awake is something I've really worked hard to keep at a minimum.
 
Anyway, I got completely sidetracked....
 
As I've been reading I've noticed a new trend is making a picture everyday of just regular day to day happenings. They're usually taken with iphones and are sometimes completely random or only special to that particular mama but such a great way to document everyday life. And even though I sometimes skim those posts or even skip over them altogether when I'm busy, I really like the idea. Because in the end everyone who blogs is doing it for them- their kids, their family, their memories. So I wanted to start doing it too. I just love stealing ideas. =) I'm not committing to a picture a day I just want to post the pictures I do make that are special, funny, meaningful, or cute to have them here in our family scrapbook.
 
So here's a couple weeks worth of pictures that capture everyday life lately at the Selph household.
 
Austin will finally pose for a few seconds to have his picture made and this is one of my favorites of my boys.
 
Garrison's team picture. (He's on the bottom row second from the left.) Go Braves!
 
One morning while I was doing laundry they decided to cram themselves into the laundry basket together. It didn't last long. Ha!
 
My big boy getting ready to hit the ball! He looks so small to me in this picture yet so old, like he's growing up so fast. He was SO proud to have Nana and Pops there for this game. If you look closely you can see my father-in-law and Austin pretty good in the background.
 
We went to Chick-Fil-A last Thursday morning for a little outing and the boys had so much fun. Austin can climb to the top now just like big brother. He couldn't figure out how to slide down on his bottom at first so he just held onto Garrison for dear life while he slid on his tummy. =)

My baby got the game ball Thursday night at his game! He loved having Granna, Papa, and AnAn there to watch him and show off the game ball.
 
Austin decided to close himself in the pantry on Friday afternoon and make a mess with the Cheez-its. Gracious.
My first attempt ever to make a picture of me and the boys together. It was tough! Austin was so sleepy and wanted his pass (paci) which may have been why I had such a hard time. Look at that tired face. Bless it.

The boys and I had a date Saturday afternoon of shopping! They did AMAZING. Of course we had our moments of pulling on clothes or laying on the floor under a rack of clothes, but all in all they were wonderful. And of course they got to ride any and every little ride available. Mama came prepared with change. Garrison loved riding, Austin loved watching. I am so, so thankful for all I got accomplished with my 2 little men in tow.
 
Both Saturday and Sunday morning Garrison slept until 8:45. 8:45!!! So Austin and I had some alone time on our hands. And keeping baby boy from busting into his brother's room like he does every school morning was hard work. He couldn't wait for Garrison to get up!
 
He was so cute in his little slippers that were handed down from Garrison. Seeing him walk around the house in these is like turning back time. =)

And there you have a whole bunch of random pictures that capture everyday life lately. Yay. =)

No comments: