Monday, April 8, 2013

Birthday Weekend

Thursday was my mom's 60th birthday so this weekend was her official birthday weekend... and leg 3 of our Spring Break. We had a fun weekend and hope she did too!

We tried to do a few little things to make the weekend extra special but overall we just had a good time together. She made it known a while back that she did not want a surprise party or huge gathering for her birthday this year (even though it's a big one) but that she really just wanted "us" (her children and grandchildren) to go out and celebrate and to have extra time with our immediate family. And the birthday girl gets the final say. =)

We went out to eat at Outback (Yum-O!) and had someone make a family picture of us outside. Everyone gets to be the picture because a nice stranger is the one taking it, and everyone is "picture ready" because we're going out to eat. It's a double win!

*Part of my mom's birthday weekend included an updated family picture to frame. I hope to get this printed soon.

Of course the boys had a great time celebrating Granna's birthday. They loved all the dessert they got to have and they really loved helping blow out candles. It's a big deal!
 
They loved helping open Granna's presents before bed too. And yes, they are still in Christmas pjs. It's the only "cold weather" ones we have that fit. I'm thinking we can officially bring out some Spring pjs this week though.
 
Great pic of AnAn and Frankie!

Sunday morning all 3 of my boys went to church without me. I hated to miss church but I just didn't feel good at all Sunday morning. Again. Thankfully I can tell I'm getting better and better it's just been a really slow process. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% very soon!

Melt my heart
 
My parents grilled out Sunday for lunch before it was time for us to head home... but not before both boys got to sit in Frankie's big truck. They were both a little afraid of it at first but finally warmed up. You can tell how tired Austin is in the last picture! Bless his heart. Both boys fell asleep within about 5 minutes of us being in the car headed home!
We had a great weekend celebrating my mom's birthday and are so thankful for her!! We're looking forward to an even bigger celebration with extended family soon!

HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY~ MAMA/GRANNA/LINDA!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: