Wednesday, April 10, 2013

1st Game!

Last night was Garrison's first ever baseball/tee ball/wee ball game. We're calling it baseball though because that's what little man refers to it as and believes with all his heart it is. And as I struggled to make his too big uniform (including pants, jersey, socks, and belt) fit, he questioned, Mama, does ChippaJones wear these? Bless his heart even he had become skeptical.

He was just adorable walking to the field.  
 
Before the game started he played with dirt and emptied his hand of it just before I snapped the picture.

I tried to get a video of his first at bat but it proved to be somewhat difficult. First there was the part about not letting Austin fall head first off the bleechers. Then there was the part about trying to watch my baby at his first at bat and feeling nervous for him. Then there was the part about that our pitcher not being the best so I really didn't capture him hitting at all. (Everyone on our team required the tee so I'm thinking the pitcher was the problem.) Oh well. At least Terrell got this good one of him in the field.
Baseball was different than soccer. There is a lot more waiting in baseball. You wait your turn to bat then you wait for your teammates to finish batting then you wait for a ball to go after when you're in the field. Garrison did really good though and was very patient. I think he was taking it all in.

Terrell and I were exhausted after the first game. Ha! Keeping up with Austin, getting home late, eating late, finishing up bath and bedtime late, making lunches and laying out clothes late... whew! We've (okay more me than Terrell) decided we knew a new system for game nights. It's possible changing it up and trying something new won't make much of a difference. It's possible we'll still do everything late and feel exhausted afterwards. But we've got to try. There's just got to be a better way to be a baseball mom without feeling ragged and frazzled and worn out. (And that was all before we left the house! Gracious.)

Exhaustion and all I am so proud of my big boy!! GO BRAVES!!!

No comments: