Sunday, April 28, 2013

3 Years of Blogging

Today is my blog's birthday! =) Three years ago today I finally gathered up my courage along with my love for journaling to publish my first ever post, start my little family blog, and begin the journey of recording our memories and everyday life on the world wide web. It was a little scary and intimidating at first but once I got started I fell in love and have never looked back. It has been SUCH a blessing to me.

I started when Garrison was almost 15 months old because I knew I wanted a way to document and essentially scrapbook his little milestones along with family holidays, vacations, and even everyday adventures... without all the cutting, paper, stickers, and everything else you need to make a traditional scrapbook.

Blogging has been the perfect way to do just that. Perfect. I highly recommend it.

Life has changed lots since April 28, 2010. Garrison, my sweet little 15 month old, is now 4. He plays baseball and knows his letters and is a big brother to my second baby boy who loves to be read to and play with puzzles and do whatever his big brother is doing. Our home is a little more full. Our lives are a tad busier. I am no longer a full time stay at home mom, I'm a part-time preschool teacher/part-time stay at home mom. My husband doesn't commute to Elberton, GA three times a week anymore and our weekends include more time at home than ever before. Life is different but it is good. Not always easy, but good nontheless.

One of my favorite things about blogging has been being able to look back and read and remember life over the past 3 years. Having my memories in writing to go along with the pictures is priceless to me. I LOVE it. I can even appreciate the tougher times we've expereinced because when I read back I can see firsthand God's faithfulness along the way. I can see His hand in all the decisions, parenting challenges, day to day craziness, everything.

Another thing I've come to love about blogging (that I honestly never knew about before) is being able to read about and get to know and even become "friends" with other bloggers who are in similar stages of life. I really, really enjoy and appreciate being able to read about other moms I can relate to. It's a little addicting so I have to be careful just how much I'm reading. Haha! But it makes me feel normal, gives me ideas, encourages me, and makes me laugh to read about other other moms. It's pretty wonderful if you ask me. =)

Blogging has become my outlet and my "thing". It's something I enjoy doing for myself (even though it's technically for more than just me) and something that's become quite sentimental to me. This blog is not only my favorite hobby but a snapshot of us and our life. And I love that. It doesn't reflect us perfectly or include every single detail but it does capture a lot. Which is perfect for the grandparents and pretty special for my children to have when they're older. I'm thankful for one of my oldest friend's encourgement and help to get started, thankful for a supportive husband who understands and appreciates my need to put our memories in writing, and especially thankful for an always faithful God who has blessed me with my family to write about. I'm looking forward to lots more writing and lots more blog birthdays. =)

No comments: