Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Tidbits

*We had another great weekend this weekend. What a blessing! We started with Garrison's team baseball pictures on Friday night, then enjoyed an afternoon fish fry/birthday celebration with my mom's side of the family Saturday, then had a productive but laid back day yesterday hanging out together, cleaning out closets, and watching the Braves and the Masters. I am so, so thankful for weekend fun together as a family.

*I am happy to report that there was almost zero parenting on display at the fish fry! Yaaaaay!! Garrison was busy playing with his cousins the whole time and did a really good job listening when it was time to eat, time to go, etc. And Austin was totally laid back and chill the whole time. It was such a blessing to enjoy a family gathering drama free. As I reflected back on our super smooth experience I realized there were a few key factors that contributed to our fun, drama free time. First, there were a LOT of people there. My babies just blended in with the crowd. Ha! Second, everything was outside (except the eating part) so there was no worrying over getting into trouble inside with limited space to play. Third, we made it a day trip. It was soo much easier to visit, play, eat, have fun with lots of family, and then go home... so that we were in our own home, our own beds, and our own bedtime routine. And the boys were very well behaved so that was a big part of our great time too. We were blessed with such a good, fun day with family!

*Cleaning out closets and changing over clothes from Fall/Winter to Spring/Summer is so refreshing. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and organization in the boys' rooms. Now we don't have clothes laid out everywhere that don't fit or don't have a place to go. Yay! I also can see clearly now what the boys still might need clothes-wise because everything is in it's place and all nice and neat.

*This week we're gearing up for more baseball and craziness in our schedule. I am really having to adjust to being a baseball mom. I am so attached to our evening routine on normal week nights that it's hard when we have to change things up. I love eating together as a family, the boys having some play time with daddy, our tag team effort with bath and bedtime, and Terrell and I having some time to watch a show or two in the evenings. Clearly I am spoiled. Sigh. But having team pictures for 4 year olds on a Friday night at 7:00 was just bizarre to me. We're in a big baseball town though so scheduling is going to be crazy I guess. I'm learning to accept my newest role slowly but surely.

This week we don't have any games but we do have practice on Tuesday and Thursday so Terrell is planning to take Garrison to both of those while Austin and I stay home. We're planning for Wednesday to be Terrell's work in the yard night so the boys and I will be on our own. Then Friday night is my big art auction/fundraiser for school so Terrell will be home with the boys while I'm working. Craziness ahead for sure. But I'm working on being more laid back and go with the flow. I think having that kind of attitude makes things waay easier... on me and the people who have to live with me. =)

*Anniversary Trip Update: Drum roll please.........We have booked our stay in Savannah for 2 nights in June!! It took me forever to decide on a place and be okay with leaving the boys and figure out how long we should stay and how much money we should spend, but I did it. With much love, support, and encouragement from my hubby and my mom. We still haven't finalized much else about our trip (including our departure time on the day we leave), but we are getting really excited about our time away. I'm choosing to make my marriage and our annual anniversary weekend away a priority... even though it's been stressful and a little nerve wracking. I am trusting God and know this is something He wants for us. (I realize I'm making this sound like we'll be out of the country for several weeks. Sometimes it feels that way. Haha. It really is a big deal.) Yay for a getaway coming soon!

Happy Monday afternoon!!

No comments: