Friday, March 2, 2012

What Garrison's Had to Say Lately

I really like keeping up with and recording what my little man says. And this is the perfect place to do that. Thank goodness for blogging! You just never know what's going to come out of his little mouth. Some days I'm cracking up. Other days I'm reprimanding. Lots of days I'm shaking my head in amazement while cracking up. He is such a sponge soaking up every little thing he sees and hears. So, here's a short list of what my oldest has had to say lately....

*The other night he wasn't listening and obeying so well, so he was on the verge of getting a "talking to" and facing some consequences when he said, Why you got your mean face mama? I don't like your mean face. Get your right face on. Oh my. Now, he's said something like this to me before and I maintain my composure and address the reason for my "mean face" plus his "talking back". However, this was the first time Terrell had heard it. He started cracking up and laughing silently which made me lose my composure, turn my head away, and start laughing silently too. Somehow, having daddy present made things go terribly wrong.

*Garrison has asked before about why Terrell has to go to work and we've explained that daddy works so we'll have money to buy the things we need and do fun stuff sometimes and have toys, etc. Well, a couple days ago I was talking to Garrison about Nana and Pops coming over to keep him and Austin because I had to "work" (doing a Premier show) and daddy would still be at work too. He said, Are you goin to work to get some money? I said yes. He said, Oh. You gon get a liddle money and daddy get a lot a money? Compartively speaking, I think that sums it up.

*A few nights ago Garrison was feeling famished. Supper wasn't ready and he couldn't bear to wait another second before filling his empty tummy with something. Anything. But a sucker leftover from Valentine candy sounded the best. Mama, can I haf a soccer? No, not before supper. But my tummy is hungry for one. I jus need a liddle somethin before supper. Whadabout you jus break a off a liddle piece. Dat be a good idea. He's got some mad negogiation skills.

*One day last week I was folding clothes in Austin's room while he played with some toys in his crib and Garrison helped me... but mainly played in the room with us. Out of the blue Garrison decided he wanted to play with the toy Austin was playing with and tried to take it from him. I explained that Austin was playing with it, he couldn't take it away, etc. when Garrison started to get a little upset. And determined. So he said, Let's ask Ausin can I play with dat toy. Then in a sing-song voice, Ausin can I play with dat toy? Oh. He said I can.

*Somehow, much to my dismay, we've embarked upon story telling... as in not telling the truth. Man. Really was hoping we had a few more years before dealing with that issue. So we've been talking about being honest and telling the truth and how that's what God wants us to do, etc. So a week or 2 ago, after having had the honesty talk, Garrison was throwing something (or doing something I didn't want him to... can't really remember) and I asked him to stop. He obeyed me and proudly announced, I am bein honest! Okay, we may need to revisit our talks and go over the definition of "honest" again.

*This morning we were in the car driving to Conyers when I had a few phone calls in a row. Garrison did really good and was very quiet almost the whole time I had to be on the phone. There was only one time he interrupted and said mama 3 times in a row. Once I was finally done with all my phone conversations I thanked him for doing such a good job while I was on the phone. He said, Oh. You welcome. I jus had one issue while you was on da phone. I wasn't aware "issue" was in his vocabulary. Cracked me up.

No comments: