Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Funnies

*Terrell has been under the weather all week with sinus issues and some cold-like symptons... and apparently Garrison has been taking in everything his daddy's had to say about it because this morning he started moaning and groaning with a pitiful, totally fake cry. And when he realized I was ignoring him he said, Mama, can you say "what's the madder?". I decided to go ahead since continuing to ignore him would only prolong the inevitable, and he responded with, Waaylle, my froat jus hurts when I swallow. I have a froat-headache. Hmmm, not sure that has ever come out of his daddy's mouth, but he was sort of close.

*Garrison isn't the only one who can pull off a dramatic fake cry. Baby brother knows all about it too. As we were finishing up lunch Austin was SO tired and becoming irritable fast, but I faced a dilemma because Garrison wasn't finished eating yet. (It makes me nervous leaving Garrison alone with food because he loves it so much he likes to put too much in his mouth and I'm afraid he'll choke.) So I left the door open to Austin's room so I could see Garrison while I got him ready for his nap. Then I quickly rocked him, I'm talking 60 seconds or less, and laid him down. As soon as I left the room the dramatic fake cry started. And when I peeked in at him he was on his tummy, with his head raised up as high as it would go so all I could see were his sad, guilt-inflicting eyes staring me down. It was soooo dramatic I couldn't help but chuckle.

*Tomorrow we're heading to Barnesville for a "birthday fish fry" to celebrate several birthdays on my mom's side of the family. Garrison has been SO excited. He's always excited about going to Barnesville but especially excited when he hears his cousins will be there and he'll be playing outside a lot and there might be a birthday cake involved. It's like a dream to him. Haha. Anyway, all day he's been referring to the "french fry" and when we're leaving and what we're going to do and how do you do a french fry and can I watch uncle Terry and when are we going to that french fry. I think he's said "fish fry" correctly twice out of the 28 times he's mentioned it.

*This morning I've been cleaning out the boys' closets and drawers putting away fall and winter clothes to make room for spring and summer clothes. When we started, Austin was napping so Garrison and I were in his room. He decided to color and play with stickers while I worked so I asked him if he wanted me to turn on some music. He decided he wanted Christmas music on. So we listened to I'm dreaming of a white Christmas... and Chesnuts roasting on an open fire... felt kinda strange. And comical. Finally, after 8 songs, he wanted his Mickey Mouse music.

*When Austin woke up from his nap we moved into his room. I put him down on the floor with some toys while I got busy and before I knew it he had rolled out of his room into the hall on the hardwood floor. Gracious. I promise it took him all of 5 seconds to do it. He must have been in the state of a constant roll. When I asked him what he was doing out in the hall he smiled the biggest most proud smile.

And those are our Friday Funnies. =)

And I also have some updates...

Austin did the best he's ever done with a bottle (since we realized we had a problem that is) yesterday. He prefers Similac. (My "aha" moment came when it finally clicked to me that he didn't like the taste of the previous formula.) He loved every drop and took it like a pro. He even cried a little when he finished. Success! Finally!

Garrison finally took a nap yesterday after "reading" and talking and playing in his bed for almost an hour and a half. But I'll take it! And today he fell alseep really fast. I want to ask questions and ponder over what makes some days easy and some days not, but instead, I'll just be thankful and choose not to analyze for once in my life.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: