Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spoiled Good

We are finally winding down from our fun filled weekend in the hometown where we were spoiled good. Big time. My babies are fast asleep, completely exhausted from all the playing, loving on, and attention gettin' time they had with their grandparents, great-grandparents, and AnAn. We are definitely blessed and most definitely spoiled.

Our weekend consisted of eating delicious paid for and home cooked meals and desserts, spending lots of down time with family, watching the boys play, going to church, watching the boys play some more, and going through lots and lots of new clothes for the boys. It was heavenly. I even felt sort of guilty. Especially when my mom pulled out enough clothes to supply the boys with over half of their spring and summer wardrobe. (Including matching swim suits and hats! Can't wait til summer!) And when Terrell's parents provided our lunch, supper, and dessert on Saturday. And when we had a Thanksgiving-like feast for lunch at my parents' today.

I'm always telling Terrell that the bar is set really high for what we need to do for our kids once they're grown. And after this weekend, it went up another notch. Goodness. (I have to brag on our parents because they're awesome. Maybe one day we can be just as awesome.)

My firstborn had a ball playing with his birthday gifts that stay at the grandparents' houses like his hotwheels track and his Jeep. My baby had fun being held and playing in his new "jumpy" seat that's been passed back and forth between us and Kara over and over again. I didn't feel guilty about all the fun they had. I just felt blessed. They had the best time. Especially Garrison. He didn't have one single meltdown. Woohoo! He just played his little heart out and enjoyed time with his grandparents. He played in the sand, played with hotwheels, played in the Little Debbie truck, and drove his Jeep around my parents yard so much I think there may be permanent tire marks. He should sleep good tonight. (And to top it all off, we were sent home with several boxes of Little Debbies and leftovers from lunch. My workout routine needs to become a routine fast.)

Terrell and I are feeling pretty tired after our fun weekend. Losing an hour of sleep is rough. And packing up the house and moving the family into one of our parents' houses for the weekend can be exhausting and draining. But, it's always worth it. And every time, we're left feeling blessed and loved and grateful... and spoiled good.

No comments: