Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baseball Mans

Baseball, America's favorite pastime, has now become my big boy's favorite as well. Every single day he asks if he can go outside and play baseball with daddy. And almost every single day he does go outside and play baseball with his daddy. Unless it's raining or we feel like the pollen is just too bad or daddy isn't feeling well, in which case he settles for asking mama. This little man has slowly but surely become obsessed with the sport. And a dream is now realized for Terrell Selph. Ha!

We've never forced sports on him, we've just introduced him to them, and he's taken care of the rest on his own. We've had stretches of Garrison and Terrell shooting basketball (with his Little Tikes goal we have in our living room) together everyday. We've had a phase of them throwing stuffed footballs together everyday. We've had a stint of them kicking a soccer ball together everyday. And now we've embarked upon an obsession with baseball. And with every stretch/phase/stint/obsession, the little man has loved every minute of the fun that comes with it.

His love of all things sports related has really been a blessing. It gives him quality time with daddy and improves his gross motor skills. It even gives mama a break occasionally. The only thing I worry about is Austin being provided with those same opportunities as a 2 and 3 year old without Garrison overshadowing everything because he's bigger and older. I know Terrell will do great with both of them. We'll just have to work together to make sure Austin gets that good quality playtime with daddy too.

This afternoon the whole fam went outside to enjoy the beautiful day... and of course, play baseball. Because as Garrison declared on the way home from having Easter pictures made, in a rather manly tone, Daddy, we are baseball mans! Again, a dream was realized.

Due to allergies and Austin spitting up multiple times and something biting me and making me itch, I almost gave up and went inside early. (Okay, so me and Austin did have to go inside early, but I almost went inside waaay earlier than that.) But, I was determined to enjoy the pretty day and watch my new favorite baseball player so we toughed it out a little longer. And I'm glad I did. Because I got some cute pics of the baseball mans in my family and I enjoyed sitting and taking in a picture of my future... daddy coaching, my baby playing, mama sitting, watching, cheering, and holding the drinks.






No comments: