Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Random Updates

There's not a lot of really BIG stuff going on around here, but there are some things I want to update on and jot down for the sake of having a record of it. So this probably means nothing to anyone except me... and maybe the grandparents, but probably just me.

*About 2 weeks ago, Garrison came down with some sort of virus that involved a gross discharge from his eyes (which at first we thought was pink eye), fluid coming out of one of his ears, and a runny nose. He was placed on antibiotics, plus eye drops and ear drops. He finally got over it and was back to normal until last night. He woke up around 10:30 with puffy eyes and a runny nose. This morning his right eye was red. I'm not sure if it's related to the pollen or if the virus is back. I'm debating on whether or not to call the doctor. I think they hear from me at least once a week.

*Speaking of pollen... I'm handling it pretty well considering the record breaking pollen counts we've had lately. Having Zyrtec in my system has made all the difference. I haven't even had to take it every 24 hours, more like 36 and sometimes I can even stretch it out to 48 (but most of the time I regret that so I think I'll stick to every 36).

*As previously mentioned, I'm not sure if the pollen has had an effect on Garrison or not. He's been outside for a few days in a row playing with daddy and we never saw any symptons until last night. (Quick side note: Garrison Cade is loving playing baseball with daddy everyday. And I think daddy loves it just as much.) Sooo, we made the decision that he couldn't go outside today. At all. Of course he didn't understand so we compromised with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese this morning. That place gives me a headache. There was a daycare group there so it was loud and wild. Not to mention it wasn't the most fun thing ever trying to maneuver Austin's stroller around while attempting to give him a bottle. Pure craziness.

*Speaking of Austin... he's been doing awesome with a bottle! Praise the Lord! I was starting to wonder if he would ever take a bottle and actually like it, much less finish it. He now gets one bottle a day of Similac formula and pretty soon we'll transition to 2 a day. I can tell my supply is decreasing. (That's one of the side effects of my Zyrtec.) But, since baby boy has teeth coming in, it's fine by me... except for the fact he doesn't need me as much, which is bittersweet.

*A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was determined to start working out, specifically starting my day with a workout. That plan didn't go so well. I tried waking up before 6 am to work out 2 mornings (I know that's a pitiful attempt at a commitment), and both times was left feeling not so good. I'm sure a fitness expert could give me some tips and help me work through the issues that were holding me back, but instead I've decided to have a different approach. Now, Terrell and I are working out together 3 nights a week after we get the boys to bed. It's what we did when we suffered through 45 days of P90x after I had Garrison and it's what we're going to committ to now. (Except we're not doing P90x again. No way jose. We're doing an "at home" fitness routine that consists of jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, squats, etc.) We help hold each other accountable by doing it together and I feel WAY better doing it at night. I actually have some energy. And I can sweat. It was weird waking up in the mornings to work out and never sweating. That doesn't sound healthy.

*My new commitment for the mornings are my quiet time. If Austin interrupts me, I'll adjust, but I have to prioritize reading my Bible. Any leftover time I have I'd like to use to either blog or read blogs. (I'm addicted. Which is why I haven't joined Pinterest. I can't handle another addiction.) My days are so busy until naptime that when naptime comes I feel like I'm not as productive as I should/could be. So I'm hoping that being more intentional about my mornings and getting an earlier start to the day will help.

*It's naptime right now and it sounds like Austin just woke up and Garrison just went to sleep. Gracious. I think I'll just leave Austin for a bit because there's a 50-50 chance he might go back to sleep. Rule #1 when helping your babies become good sleepers... never go in right away when they wake up. Austin's naps have been going really well lately and I'm so thankful! Garrison's naps on the other hand are hit or miss. He either doesn't fall asleep at all or talks, sings, or "reads" for over an hour before falling alseep. Guess I should be thankful about his naps too. It could be worse.

*And that's all the updates I can think of. Now for a little productivity before I get Austin up. All I really want to do is read more of my Catching Fire book. But I must resist the temptation and get busy on more important things. But since Austin is already awake, maybe reading a quick chapter won't hurt since I don't really have time to do anything else. Just kidding.

No comments: