Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Favorites: Up & Down Week Edition

It's Friday! Yaaaaaay!!!!! This week has been a bit of a doozy for me so I'm especially happy to welcome the weekend! I had major allergy issues at the start of the week plus some crazy anxiety sneak up on me, so that combo made for some lack of sleep and not so great days. The rest of my family has had a pretty good week, it's just been me who's been off. Sigh. Thankfully I'm feeling lots better physically and mentally. Great is Thy faithfulness!

Here's a peek at my favorite moments this week...

*Despite feeling terrible and it being a gross and rainy day, I still managed to take Austin and Layton to Storytime at the library for the first time this year. And I must say it was worth the effort. Both boys had a really good time and Austin even got to make this Letter B Bear which he was super proud of and is now being displayed on the fridge. =)

*Every Tuesday we're commitment free (for the most part) and so as soon as we have homework done the boys enjoy endless playtime together since we're not rushing to be somewhere. We love Tuesdays! This Tuesday was a wet and rainy one so we went down to the basement after finishing up homework and these 3 brothers played and played and played. And I mainly read on the couch and stepped in as referee if needed. I LOVE having that extra space and LOVE watching my boys play. It was a great afternoon.

*My biggest boy made me the sweetest card this week to help me feel better. Love you, love me. And that artwork! Presh!! 

Here's the translation of what we decided was a poem... but first you should know that he asked me how to spell "together" and somehow it didn't come out right. Ha. Your name is mom. My name is Garrison. Together we are Garrison and mom. I love you and you love me. Together we are the best of family, you and me. And inside the heart: You and me and all of our family. Oh the sweetness!! It most certainly did help me feel better! 


*One day this week while I was doing laundry this little man decided to steal the laundry basket... and later I found him parked inside of it and quite thrilled with himself. =)


*Picture Day for this cutie was yesterday. He still looks a little sleepy but I couldn't resist a quick picture before he left for school yesterday morning. 

*This week it appears Layton has officially given up his morning nap. So sad. Those morning naps sure are wonderful and it's been tough on mama to see them go all 3 times. The tricky thing with Layton is that we have Baby A here at least 3 days a week and he still takes a morning nap... so I can't really plan any outings or such to get us out of the house. Instead, on yesterday we took Bailey out and then I let these 2 play under the garage while I was productive right inside and could keep an eye on them. It worked out perfect! There really are perks to having a car too big for the garage I guess. =)

*While Austin and Layton enjoyed play time in the garage, I was just a few steps away at my kitchen table doing some laminating. My in-laws gave me a laminator (one of a teacher's best friends!) for my birthday and I'm loving it! I've made several things over the years for the boys when I'm ready to introduce letters or numbers or do anything educational with them and all of it desperately needed laminating so I can keep using it. I'm so excited to have my very own at home and thankful to know I won't have to start over or re-create anything!   

*Soccer practice was cancelled last night thanks to lots and lots of rain yesterday afternoon and evening so we had a bonus night off! We loved having a slow pace and low-key evening and even had an impromptu family game night... Some serious rounds of Crazy 8's took place around our table. =) 
We are soo thankful it's Friday!! Terrell and I started back watching our shows this week and we even added a new one that's a little different... Blindspot on NBC. The jury's still out but it's reeling us in. And tonight 2 of our most favorite shows come back on... Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-O!! The Reagan's have sort of become my very favorite TV family and having been to Hawaii and seen some of the places and scenery from the show makes Hawaii 5-O have a special place in my heart. So excited to see the season premiers of them both!

This weekend is also the weekend of showers....Anna has a shower on both Saturday and Sunday and I can't wait to celebrate Baby Girl with everybody!! Plus we have 2 soccer games on tomorrow too. =) It should be a fun one and I'm excited to get it started... Happy Friday!!

No comments: