Tuesday, October 14, 2014

8 Months Old

Layton turned 8 months old on Sunday and I find myself feeling torn between sadness over my baby being 8 months old ALREADY and gratefulness that he's still VERY much my baby. He's still a baby-baby, still itty bitty, still our littlest little man. And then it hit me that I'll always view him as my baby. (Garrison and Austin too, but even more so with Layton.) He'll always be young in my eyes. I know a few moms who still view their last baby as "the baby" even though they're full-blown big boys and just as old or older than my biggest boy. There's just something about the last baby that makes you always see them as a little smaller, a little younger, a little more baby than they really are. And I think I'm finally starting to get that now. While I don't plan on spoiling Layton more than his big brothers or letting him get away with whatever he wants or "baby-ing" him forever, I do see the temptation and challenge that last bundle of joy presents. But oh how I'm loving experiencing all things baby again. The blessing of this baby is priceless and I'm going to soak up his babyhood and savor it for as long as I can. =)

Monkey pics!
 
Layton is the first Selph boy who has really paid a lot of attention to his animal...


Garrison at 8 months...
 
Austin at 8 months...
 
8 Months Stats & Happenings...
 
*You weigh 15 pounds 10 ounces (we just went to the doctor today so this should be accurate) and are somewhere over 26 inches long. I think. We probably won't figure out your correct length until we go back for your 9 month appointment. This month we decided to add a bottle of formula to your feedings in addition to me nursing you 4 times a day. So far, so good! Yay!!
 
*You are still wearing a size 3 in diapers and 6-9 or 6-12 months clothes... so no changes there but we are so thankful you've gained weight and keep right on growing!
 
*You still have a huge appetite and are doing great with solids! As soon as you get some teeth I'm thinking you'll be ready to try some finger foods. You never turn down food!
 
*Speaking of teeth, you have 2 on the bottom that are almost ready to break through! Yaaay! Hopefully once that happens (and you finish your antibiotic for another little ear infection) we can get rid of this never-ending cold and congestion and crud you've had.
 
*You still aren't super impressed with the sippy cup but I think you'll get better and better about taking it and be ready to give up the bottle by your 1st birthday.
 
*You still go to bed around 7:30 every night and are still waking up about once a night almost every night. Once every week or so you'll decide to sleep throught the night but still nothing consistent like you used to. I know all your congestion isn't making it easy on you though! Thankfully you usually just need your paci and you go right back to sleep on your own. You're still a bit of an early bird but most mornings we can get you to go back to sleep for a little while before you're up for the day around 7:00.
 
*Your naps have suffered a little this month too... mainly because of being sick. However, you are easy to put down for naps so I'm thankful for that and that we've managed to hold onto our routine despite our busy household and big school schedule.
 
*You are starting to sit up just a little more! You still aren't a huge fan of it, but you will sit by yourself without help for a few seconds at a time now. Your big brothers are super impressed. =)
 
*You are slowly but surely becoming more mobile. You haven't mastered a scoot or anything yet, but you spin around and roll around and reach, grab, and stretch all the time...indicating a scoot is possibly coming soon. It's becoming very rare for you to stay in one spot. You are reminding me a lot of Garrison when he was baby... content and laid back and in no real hurry. =) Austin had already pulled up for the first time by 8 months. Ha.
 
*You LOVE watching your big brothers and are pretty curious about what they're up to. And you are always happy to see them first thing in the morning and right after you wake up from your naps. You love giving them a big ole smile that they just can't get enough of.
 
*You don't love... waiting to be fed, getting cleaned up after eating, Austin pulling on you or being a little too hands on with you, and your big brothers being in your face, space, or area for too long.
 
*We are loving watching you grow and celebrating all the new things you're learning and doing. We love you LOTS! Happy Birthday to our sweet littlest man!!

No comments: