Friday, November 8, 2013

Showers of Blessings

The boys and I helped my sister celebrate with her last bridal shower yesterday. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work! I was spent by the time we got home.

(Which may or may not have had something to do with the fact that my littlest man... or should I call him my middle man... took a hard, serious fall before we left the house and just about busted his head open. Then we had a bit of a wild time getting haircuts. Then my middle guy had a couple of meltdowns that included being forced into his carseat...twice. Then we had a spilled drink and dumped plate of food at the shower. Whew! What a workout.)

I am glad they got to go to a shower though. Garrison had been really curious about what I was up to all those times they got left at home with daddy. However, one was plenty. No more showers for them for a while. Ha!

Despite the craziness of yesterday, I have loved sharing each shower with Anna and seeing all the fun things she's gotten for their home and future. They have been blessed with some great gifts. It's been so exciting and fun.

A few Friday nights ago, she had her lingerie/bachelorette party. It was super fun. We had a paint party and yummy food and she got some special gifts. Sharing it with her closest friends was the best part. We laughed so much! And if you can't tell, we have an artist in the group. Ahem, Emily.

 
A couple of Sundays ago she had her shower at our church. FBC Barnesville is GOOD to our family. This shower was huge and she literally opened presents for 2 hours straight I think.


 
This was the present table when I arrived... as in before the shower even started. Talk about an overflow of generosity.

 
Anna with sweet baby Cayler. Can't believe I'm about to have another little man! So excited!! 

The shower yesterday was held at her school in the library. The boys loved everything about it and were fascinated with everything this "big school" had to offer. She got lots of great gifts and I'm sure by now she's overwhelmed at the amount of 'Thank You' cards that have to be written!


 
Garrison was AnAn's special assistant. He was in charge of trash, bows, and putting presents away. He loved his job and was pretty proud of himself. 
 
Austin was just a handful but kept some of the other teachers entertained.
We are on the final countdown to the wedding day one week from Saturday! (Maybe Austin's booboo will be just about healed by then.)

Even though the showers were held for my sister I feel like I could write a few thank you notes myself just because of being so grateful for the blessings that have been poured out for her and Frankie. Their home and hearts are full. We can't wait to share their big day with them and lots of fun family memories in the future!

No comments: