Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Everyday Life Lately

*Everyday life lately has been LOUD. Everyone always told me that a house full of boys would be above anything loud... and now we're experiencing it firsthand. My boys LOVE to play together. They are best buds. And I'm so grateful for their friendship and the fun they have together and the joy they bring to each other when they play. This is such an answered prayer for me and one that I keep right on praying about. Their friendship and bond is priceless to me. However, because they play together constantly, they get LOUD quickly. They talk to each other loudly, they play loudly, and they push each other's buttons loudly. Ahhh. Sometimes all the loudness is music to my ears. Pure bliss. I'm overcome with thanksgiving. And sometimes the loudness is cause for a headache. And Terrell and I trying to be heard over them (which sometimes means yelling). And loud fighting (they are still brothers afterall). And me wanting to bang my head against the wall because we're all in the same room but the boys are talking/communicating/playing SO loudly. I wonder if there's a tip or trick to preventing the loudness. I'm sure there is. There's gotta be.


*Last Thursday before we left to go to B'ville for the day, my baby took a hard fall. He was standing on a small stool I keep in the kitchen and somehow it slipped out from under him causing him to fall and hit his mouth and head on the stool. Poor thing was beat up pretty bad and bleeding everywhere. He busted his lip and his head. I didn't think I was going to get his head to stop bleeding. And I don't handle these situations in the most calm manner. Thankfully he survived with 2 booboo's and nothing more serious. He fell asleep shortly after we got on the road.

 
*While we were at Anna's shower at school my mom gave Austin her phone to help keep him entertained... later she discovered he'd made a picture of Curious George. He's really getting good at taking pictures with a phone! He gave George multiple hugs during the shower so I'm not surprised he decided he needed a picture for sentimental reasons.

*On Saturday we spent the morning shopping for wedding outfits for the boys. We went to the mall and Terrell let the boys play while I shopped. And here's where I need to vent just for sec. Why is it SO hard to find super dressy, nice boy clothes?? WHY????? I am seriously sooooo tired of not being able to find anything (unless it's a Christmas outfit of course) nice, cute, and dressy for boys. It is so frustrating. BEYOND frustrating. I searched high and low at every store I could think of for wedding attire and struck out everywhere. (The boys are going to be in a few wedding pictures and needed matching outfits that would look "Sunday best" but not like they're going to a Christmas church service.) Finally my mom and sister found something in both their sizes that I think should work great. Fingers crossed! At least the boys weren't totured while I shopped. They had fun and were totally oblivious to their mama's frustration.
 
*On Monday afternoon Terrell and I got down all of our Christams stuff! This is the earliest we've ever done it. This year Thanksgiving comes so late it's practically in December. And at our house we like to enjoy a full month of Christmas decor and fun. Plus, every single year we have a hard time getting everything done the weekend after Thanksgiving. We're exhausted from traveling, we're overwhelmed with trying to get our tree decorated, we're trying not to neglect the kiddos. It's just crazy. So this year we've decided to decorate a little at a time and have everything done but the tree before Thanksgiving. Then we can focus on the tree and the tree alone after Thanksgiving. Much more managable and easy. At this point I haven't decorated anything. It still feels a tad too early and I've never been one to make the jump from Halloween to Christmas... but I do love this time of year and the anticipation of Christmas and celebrating the birth of Jesus.

 
*For 2 days in a row the boys have played "swimming" outside and worn goggles on their heads and jumped in the water (the grass). I think they came across the goggles while we were under the garage getting down Christmas stuff. They've had a ball. Even if they are in the wrong season. Haha.

*Tonight we're off to pick up my dress and Terrell's tux for the wedding. Just a few more days to go!! I'm starting to get just a little nervous. I haven't been in a wedding since my own and this time I'm going to be big and heavy and wearing 3 inch heels! I can't lock my knees, I must keep my balance, and I have to remember to breathe. Ha! Counting down and so excited!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Loud is the name of the game in our house too... Sooo annoying at times and hard for me to handle sometimes too! So thankful we have a playroom now because where I can't take anymore- I send them up there and have them close the door! Excited for your sister this weekend. Can't wait to see the pics!