Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November So Far

Other than celebrating with birthday parties we've had a lot going on the month of November. It's only day 6 and we've packed these past several days full. With lots more to come!

So far this month we're all still adjusting to the time change, shorter days, and earlier wake-up calls. The boys and I are trying to get outside in the afternoons before supper and before it gets dark as much as we can. They're used to having lots of time outside with daddy on pretty days but he's been getting home at almost dark this week. An adjustment for all of us.

There is a part of me that does love the shorter days though. It just reminds me of the holiday season and everybody being cozy together inside. It's a nice change.


The boys are still doing great with bedtime in the same room. We separate them to read books to them (Austin still doesn't have the attention span needed for Garrison's books) and then meet in the big boy room to say prayers and settle down for the night. Austin sleeps on the bottom while Garrison is on the top. Austin still cries just a little but they are both doing great going to sleep by 8:30. Yaaaay! We are SO thankful for how well it's going so far.

Wake-up times are a different story. The time-change still has my big boy thrown off so he's been waking up before 7:00 and has woken up Austin a couple of times too. Sooo, we're still working on that. I'll take 6:47 over 6:03 any day though! And they don't get up and out of bed til 7:00... Selph family rule. =)

 This month we've started our Thanksgiving "project" of writing down the things we're thankful for every morning during breakfast. Garrison is really loving this little project and tells me multiple things he's thankful for each day. He'll definitely have a page full (much more than 30 things) by the end of the month.
I'm trying it out with Austin this year too and he's not totally ready for it but has been able to tell me a thing or two on his own and does great with help from me or Garrison.
Saturday we'll start our next "project" and prepare a shoebox full of Christmas goodies. I'm looking forward to experiencing this with Garrison again this year. Again, Austin isn't old enough to really understand it so it may just be Garrison's thing for one more year. Eventually all the boys will fill a shoebox for another boy in their age group.
 
So far this month we have made a LOT of progress with Christmas prep. We finally made a decision about our Christmas card and have passed along all needed info to our personal graphic designer, Megan. She is our go-to for all cards and invites (I highly recommed her!) and I am so excited to see her talent at work for us. =)
 
In addition to finalizing our Christmas card, we've made tons of progress on the boys' Christmas lists and gifts. We made the decision to cut back a little this year.... financial reasons, space reasons, etc all played a role in our decision. So, we researched high and low for the very best gift options for our babies and made a final list. Once we had the list ready we made decisions about who would give them what. Once we'd done that, we went ahead and ordered a whole bunch of it. Yay for not being last minute!
 
Also, on yesterday Austin and I had to make a quick run to Walmart for a few things so while I was there I grabbed some stocking stuffers from our list. Austin made this picture of me strolling him through the store. (Notice I stashed everything up front and tried to hide it with clothes... a gift for someone else... pink rarely makes it into my buggy) 
 

Terrell and I are working on finalizing our lists this week. Terrell's parents always go shopping early in November and request a list from all family members beforehand. I think getting to make a list as a grown-up is the best thing ever. =)

Besides Christmas prep we are on the final stretch of WEDDING prep! The boys and I are heading to Barnesville tomorrow for haircuts and one last shower for my sister before the big day. I'm also busy picking out outfits for the boys for the rehearsal and the wedding plus making sure Terrell and I are ready to perform our duties. It's almost here!!!

November is busy and full of fun!

*And something so sweet I had to share... Last night Garrison felt Layton kick really good, twice. The first time he's felt him and known for sure without a doubt it was his brother. His eyes lit up and he smiled a huge smile and then he started laughing. It made me SO happy. I almost cried. =) God's blessings continue to amaze us.

No comments: