Wednesday, November 27, 2013

28 Weeks!

My doctor's appointment went well this morning and I'm hoping I pass my glucose test without any issues. The only thing discussed, yet again, was the delivery method we should go with. Things have changed just since having Austin and they can no longer induce (before 39 weeks) due to the size of the baby. Sooo, if he's healthy and I'm healthy and he goes full term I need to mentally prepare for a c-section. Because for some reason (ahem Terrell Selph), I have big babies. We're just going to keep praying about it. If my amniotic fluid is low again (like with Austin) and they can induce a couple of weeks early and his weight is under 7 and a half pounds I'm leaning towards another vaginal delivery. Although labor with pitocin was NOT fun and I definitely had moments of wanting to give up and just be wheeled to surgery. Decisions, decisions! Anyway, enough rambling... time for an update!

 
Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 28 weeks... the 3rd trimester is here!

Size of Baby: About 15-16 inches long and 2-3 pounds... the size of small cabbage.

Total Weight Gained/Lost: 23 pounds. Gulp. Did not expect the number I saw but I'm hoping a pound or 3 were from my clothes and boots. It's freezing today!

Maternity Clothes: Almost everything is maternity with the exception of comfy clothes and the tops I found in a bigger, regular size. 

Gender: Boy #3... Layton Thomas Selph

Movement: He's still pretty active off and on throughout the day but he moves around a lot every single night without fail once I'm finally relaxing on the couch and ready to watch a show or 2. And now I can watch my belly move if I look closely.

Food Cravings: Sweets! I'm trying not to eat everything sweet and sugary in sight but it's oh so tempting.

What I Miss: Being able to get up and off the floor easily. Whether it's cleaning up a spill, helping pick up toys, playing with the boys, or trying to put away pots and pans, getting up once I'm down is no easy task. It's a big ole chore and isn't always pretty. Baby boy is heavy. Or maybe he's just making mama heavy.

Sleep: Sleep this week has been sort of weird. Every other night I've slept good... which means every other night isn't so good. The nights that haven't been good have mainly been due to waking up frequently, tossing and turning, not being able to get comfortable, etc.

Symptons: Feeling heavy, going to the bathroom lots, and still a hint of morning sickness every now and then. I threw up Sunday morning before church. So weird and random.

Best Moment This Week: Having the week off and being able to rest and relax a little more in the evenings. I have not missed making lunches or ironing every night one bit! Sleeping a few minutes later and extra time with the boys has also been great.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Thanksgiving Day with both sides of our families and counting our blessings together.
 
Austin's update at 28 weeks 

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!

No comments: