Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pilgrims and Indians

After our fun-filled weekend of all things wedding, we jumped right back into school and our routine with the cutest Thanksgiving program ever. It lasted 15-20 minutes and I smiled every single second of it watching my little performer. Or should I say "Indian"? He's the 4th one from the left. He sang his heart out (that southern drawl of his could be heard loud and clear) and smiled at us lots and did such a great job. He was super proud and so were we! 

My Indian making his entrance.

My baby's favorite songs included:

Thanksgiving time is here!
Let's give a great big cheer!
For food and friends and family,
Thanksgiving time is here!
 
And...
Oh I'm glad I'm not a turkey, a turkey, a turkey
Oh I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day
They'll roast you and baste you and then they'll all taste you
Oh I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day
 
Our family favorite (and now blessing before every meal), sung to the tune of Jesus Loves Me:
 
Lord we thank you for this food, Bless it to our bodies God
Help us live your name to praise, Serving You through all our days
Yes Lord we thank You
Yes Lord we thank You
Yes Lord we thank You
In Jesus Name, Amen
 

Honestly, he loved all of the songs and has been singing them for weeks. Austin even sang a couple with the performers... which was absolutely adorable. He stood in the chair beside me and watched his big brother with pride. It was so sweet.

After they finished all of the songs a microphone was passed around so each little Pilgrim and Indian could tell the audience their name and one thing they were thankful for. Garrison said he was thankful for his brother. Melt my heart.

I'm so proud of my biggest little man and how much he's learned about that first Thanksgiving and the ways God has blessed us because of the courage of the Pilgrims who made the long journey here many years ago. And his memorization of our Bible verse at school this month...

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His loves endures forever. Psalm 136:1
 
I'm looking forward to lots more school performances by all my boys. =)

No comments: