Wednesday, September 4, 2013

16 Weeks!

This week has been a bit of a doozie. My littlest man is trying to get over Fifth's Disease (we think) and my big boy just tested positive for strep today. It is so hard when your babies are sick. Hard on me and them. We're so grateful my sweet mother-in-law could come over today to keep the boys so we could both go to work. I don't see how full-time working moms do it. Thankfully I'm healthy and doing well and have the day off tomorrow, so if we can get the boys well we'll be good to go.

Yesterday was 16 weeks for Baby Selph so here's an update....
 
 
Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: 5 inches long and weighs about 3-3.5 ounces. About the size of a turnip. =)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 6 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes: More and more. I'm still doing mostly regular shorts and pants and mostly maternity tops. If the cooler weather would hurry up and get here I'd have more options... which I'm ready for. I'm getting tired of wearing the same things over and over again.

Gender: We find out next week! I think Terrell is more excited/ready/impatient to know than me. We just want to call him/her by his/her name. And figure out what new stuff we need. And start talking about him/her with the boys more. I think once you know the gender the bonding gets way stronger. I'm so excited. At my doctor's appointment on Friday morning I had a boy feeling come over me when I heard the heartbeat. Hmmm. A sign? Neither one of us have a super strong feeling/instinct either way but I think we're both leaning more towards boy.

Movement: I keep feeling little, subtle somethings but haven't had that without-a-doubt nudge, kick, or punch yet. I can't wait!

Food Cravings: This week it's been pink or raspberry lemonade.

What I Miss: Feeling normal and good in the mornings. Oh my gracious am I tired of feeling sick/queasy/icky/not right in the mornings. I told Terrell this morning that I guess I'll feel better after he/she arrives. Until then the not-so-good mornings are sticking around it looks like.

Sleep: It's going good. I never sleep the whole night without waking but when I do wake it's usually not for too long and I can go back to sleep pretty fast.
 
Symptons: Feeling weird and not right in the mornings and being hungry all the time once the strange morning sickness passes.
 
Best Moment This Week: Hearing the heartbeat!
 
What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting everyone well, Austin's party this weekend, and finding out if Baby Selph is a girl or a boy so we can start to prepare for his/her arrival!
 
 
*Austin's update at 16 weeks

No comments: