Tuesday, April 5, 2011

16 Weeks

On Saturday I was officially 16 weeks, but I didn't have my doctor's appointment until today so I wanted to wait to do my update. I actually took the little man with me to my appointment... by myself. He has Spring Break this week and I didn't want to have to ask anyone to come over and baby-sit again so I just decided to take him with me. He did really good considering the amount of time he was required to be still and quiet. He had his moments of being loud and not doing exactly what I wanted him to, but overall I was really proud of him. The nurses seemed impressed too. I think they must be used to wild and crazy two year olds. Hopefully I won't have to do that again but at least I know I can handle it if I do.
Pregnancy Highlights


How far along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: 4-5 inches long and weighs 3 ounces.... about the size of an avocado.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 8 lbs total (My midwife seemed pleased with this but I'm thinking I better slow down. I feel way bigger this time around than I did with Garrison.)

Maternity Clothes: I've just started wearing a couple of my maternity shirts because they cover me up the best.

Gender: We find out May 3rd!!

Movement: I've felt a few flutters that I'm almost positive are the baby. =)

Food Cravings: I can't think of any particular cravings, I'm just hungry all the time and I feel like that I can eat and eat.

What I Miss: Being able to take Zyrtec everyday for allergies! Spring has got to be my least favorite time of year. I know it's a shame, but I just can't enjoy it.

Sleep: I've been sleeping really good except for when allergies or weird dreams wake me up.

Symptons: I'm back to making frequent trips to the bathroom and I'm hungry a lot!

Best Moment this Week: Hearing the heartbeat today!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Finding out if Garrison will have a little brother or little sister!


Garrison wanted to be in a picture too!

No comments: