Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On My Mind, April Edition

*Today has been rough. I started the morning with an almost fainting episode. It was strange. I think it was just something to do with my empty stomach. And Austin woke up with a runny nose. And Garrison Cade has been right up under me all. day. long. (Except for now since it's naptime.) I love him more than anything but he is driving me crazy!! I've been attempting to pack and do laundry, so I've been in and out of different rooms in the house and he's been right behind me making a mess everywhere he goes. Oh well. A break from the routine is coming soon since we're getting ready to leave for Gatlinburg....

*Only our trip has created a couple of little issues for us. For one thing I'm determined not to leave our house in a huge mess. I hate walking in from being away to clutter and messiness and dust. A lot of times it can't be helped, but this time around I really want to come home to a clean house. Terrell's version of clean is no clutter and stuff strewn about. Forget the dust on the furniture or sticky counters or dirty floors. That stuff can be overlooked... at least more than the clutter of mail and Premier stuff and the boys' toys, according to the hubs. My version of clean is dust free furniture, sparkling bathrooms, vacuumed floors, and non-sticky countertops. I can overlook the toys and clutter for a while longer as long as those things get taken care of. You would think we could divide and conquer but it's hard to do without having a whole bunch of time on your hands. So instead of cleaning up some right now, I'm stressing over it as I write about it. Great.

*The other trip related issue has been how we'll deal with our firstborn during our time away. You see he obeys us waaay better at home than he does when the grandparents or other family members are around. Maybe we let him get away with more when there's an audience (or maybe he just knows he can get away with more with somebody else), but every single time we're at a family gathering or doing something with the grandparents he thinks it's okay to either ignore us or talk ugly to us. At times he wants absolutely nothing to do with us. He does this thing where if one of us has told him no, he doesn't acknowledge us he just asks his Granna or Nana or AnAn or whoever and pretends like he didn't even hear us. It makes us out to be the bad guy every time and makes me so self-conscious to have to be the bad guy or "discipline" with an audience to witness it. Guess I've just got to get over that.

*Speaking of getting over something.... I've decided my new daily goal is going to be working really hard to go with the flow if something comes up that I have little or no control over. You know the sayings Don't sweat the small stuff and Don't make a mountain out of a molehill? Well, I've never really listened to those sayings. I do tend to sweat the small stuff and I'm really good at making a mountain out of a molehill. My mom tells me it will get better with age... but since I'm getting impatient, I'm starting now. Hopefully.

*Baseball is here! And we love Braves baseball around here. Even Garrison enjoys watching. But, I've watched less so far this season because my husband has become oh so difficult to enjoy watching a sporting event with. I guess he's just a passionate fan that needs to vent and complain. I told him this season we might be watching on separate TVs. Sheesh. (Oh, and I love Chipper Jones. I'm going to miss him a lot when he retires.)

*Lately I've found myself thinking, this time next year ______________, a lot. Sometimes I think about what Austin will be doing this time next year and how I'll really have my hands full. Sometimes I think about how Garrison will be playing tee-ball and our multiple year adventure of recreation sports will begin. But mostly I find myself thinking about our new routine and way of life during the next school year when I'm teaching preschool. Gasp!! You read right. I'm going back to work. Only 3 days a week for 5 hours a day, but still a BIG step for me. (And I'll still be doing Premier.) I'm sad and glad all at the same time. I'll share all the details soon. For now, I must get back to packing and cleaning and being productive and not sweating the small stuff...

No comments: