Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend Part 2: Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was beautiful, busy, loud, fun, and exhausting all at the same time. We started the day early and in a rush to get out the door and to church on time. And even though it was a wild and crazy morning, once we got there and saw all the grandparents and got the kiddos where they needed to be, our focus finally shifted to the celebration of our risen Savior. And celebrate we did. The music and message were wonderful.

After church we got family pictures. It was a definite challenge but I remained steadfast and determined. Family pictures on Easter are a tradition, a must, so we pressed on and came away with a few good ones. All my guys were so handsome.






As soon as we finished pictures we came inside and let the boys look through their buckets of goodies. We didn't really plan a theme, but the one we sort of ended up with was one of practicality. Garrison's bucket was filled with a new baseball, socks, underwear, band-aids, a book, chalk, glue sticks, bubble bath, a book of ABC bible verses, and eggs with small treats inside like money, jelly beans, a rock, and acorns. Every single item inside the bucket will for sure be used... a lot.
Austin's bucket was filled with teethers, a new ball, a little toy to hang on his car seat or stroller, and a photo book. His goodies will be used lots too. (And we finally found out that there was a mix-up with the books we ordered through Garrison's preschool so hopefully we'll receive those this week or next. )


After all the Easter bucket fun, the family started arrivng. My parents hosted Easter this year and had a house full of loudness. And boy did we all enjoy a feast! There were 5 different delicious casseroles plus tons of other yummy food. My hubby even tried chicken pot pie. I've been trying to get him to try it for years. I was so proud. He wasn't ready to fix himself a huge helping of it but he did say it was good. I'll take it! And for some reason, my little man became Uncle Terry's shadow. Seriously. He requested Uncle Terry for everything. He sees Uncle Terry a good bit, but it was still sort of shocking. At least Uncle Terry didn't mind.
After eating way too much, my little man got to enjoy another egg hunt. My baby boy got himself an egg too. I never have to buy eggs ever again. We have a ton. Not to mention a ziplock bag full of candy I can't seem to stay out of.

And after the egg hunt, my parents gave the boys more Easter goodies. Garrison has played with his new puzzles and books and ball all day today. Plus he made sure to put all their money into their banks. He's gotten so many quarters, nickels, and dimes we're starting to work on recognizing and identifying coins. Ha! This is the best picture I got of them with their "Easter" from Granna and Papa.
Before we left to come home, we were surprised with an Easter gift ourselves... that included a few of our favorite things. My parents. Gracious. The standard is high. Real high. I want to be like them when I grow up.

Even though we were SO worn out after getting home, our Easter was wonderful. We celebrated and fellowshipped and laughed and just enjoyed all we've been blessed with... because He lives.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great pictures Meggie! It looks like y'all had a great time!! The kids are so adorable and getting so big!!