Friday, August 12, 2011

The Boys' Bathroom

As soon as we found out we were having another little boy I started planning a little makeover for our guest bathroom so we could sort of transform it into not only a guest bathroom, but the boys' bathroom. I don't have any before pictures because I just didn't think to make any, but this bathroom used to be a typical guest bathroom... kind of girly, decorative stuff on the counters that weren't very kid-friendly, etc.

So, when I started coming up with ideas and looking up and pricing shower curtains, toothbrush holders, towels, etc. we decided two things: we weren't going to go overboard (honestly we couldn't have afforded to if we wanted) but that we would try to make it kid-friendly yet something that could grow with them. Terrell and I are both big believers in room makeovers that will last. It's just not worth it to spend a lot of money on something that's only going to last a couple of years before you have to do it again. I found some super cute bathroom stuff at Target that I was really thinking hard about... but ultimately we decided against it because they would out grow it too fast. Anyway, here are the pictures of Garrison's and Austin's new bathroom:



Standing at the door...



The really cute toothbrush holder. The frogs actually have little spring things under them that make them wiggle everytime you take out and put back the toothbrush




A different view of the counter. I can't wait until I have a picture of both my boys to go in that frame. =)





One of my favorite little "decorations" in the bathroom....





Here's a few details: The shower curtain and monogrammed towels are from Pottery Barn, the toothbrush holder is from Target, the frame is from Hobby Lobby, and the painting with the Bible verse is from an Etsy shop. I knew from the beginning I wanted monogrammed towels with their names and I knew I wanted a frame to sit on the counter that would eventually hold a picture of the two of them. I also really wanted some sort of kid friendly picture/painting/ piece of art with a Bible verse. It turns out the combination of those two things, plus matching it with blue and green was not an easy find. Finally I came across "the one" and crossed my fingers she could match the colors... which she did. Yay! The shower curtain was just a favorite that we decided on and the toothbrush holder was too cute to pass up.



While we didn't do anything major, I'm really loving the new look of the bathroom and I'm excited about how everything turned out. I guess the only thing we have to worry about in the future is if Garrison and Austin have a little sister. Hmmm... I'd have to get really creative with decorating a bathroom for two boys and a girl. As for now, I'm just enjoying the new look and loving seeing my boys' names every time I walk in. =)


No comments: