Saturday, August 6, 2011

34 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 34 weeks... let the countdown begin!


Size of Baby: 17-18 and 1/2 inches long and weighs between 4 and 5.8 pounds... about the size of honeydew =)


Total Weight Gained/Lost: My doctor's appointment was last week, but so far I'm only up to 23 lbs, just one pound more than my previous appointment! I definitely feel big and heavy but I was really pleased to find out I'd only gained 23.


Maternity Clothes: Ohh yes


Gender: Little brother for Garrison!


Movement: He is still moving a lot and I can tell he's stronger. I'm also feeling more pressure with him than I did with Garrison. It just seems like he's lower and may want to come early, but who knows.


Food Cravings: I'm still loving ice cream but my appetite is also changing a little. For some reason I'm not enjoying the normal stuff I cook during the week. It's almost like I'd rather have junk food than anything good. I have no idea what that's about.


What I Miss: At this point, it's not that I truly miss anything because I know I'm nearing the end and will get to meet my little man soon, it's just more about reaching that stage of being tired and uncomfortable.


Sleep: So far I'm still sleeping pretty good considering I'm this big and this far along. I always wake up throughout the night to change positions or from a crazy dream but then I usually go right back to sleep.


Symptons: I think I've been having some Braxton Hicks lately. I can't be sure because I never felt a thing with Garrison, but this time around I'm having "pains" every now and then that only last a few seconds and sometimes I feel like he's pushing on me and just ready to come out. I've also been having some really sharp pains on my inner right thigh. They are very sharp and come out of no where, but thankfully they only last 1 or 2 seconds. I keep getting this feeling that he'll come early because of all these symptons, but I'm trying to remember that his big brother was perfectly content to stay where he was and Austin could be the same way.


Best Moment This Week: Having a long, sweet conversation with Garrison about Austin. He had a lot of questions and seemed so curious. He asked about what Austin would eat and where he would sleep and said he wanted to hold him and hug and kiss him. It was precious.


What I'm Looking Forward To: Austin's baby shower and hopefully getting some more things done to prepare for his arrival!

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

How cute are you and your baby belly! Love your hair cut too.