Friday, August 19, 2011

36 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights



How Far Along: 36 weeks~ 9 months pregnant!!



Size of Baby: About 17-19 inches long and around 6 pounds... still the size of honeydew. =)



Total Weight Gained/Lost: At my last doctor's appointment I had gained a total of 25 lbs, but I remembered I wore my tennis shoes which are way heavier than my usual flip flops. So I guess we'll see what the scale says this week at my appointment. Ha!



Maternity Clothes: Is it even necessary to address this one?



Gender: Another little man!



Movement: He is loving moving around. Sometimes I feel like he's so active that he's just ready to come out. He still gives strong kicks and nudges but he mainly just rolls around or pushes down on me and the bladder.



Food Cravings: The only one I've had lately is chocolate and I think that's just because there isn't any in the house right now.



What I Miss: Just being comfortable all the time I guess. I can't sit or stand for too long anymore without feeling really uncomfortable. Guess we're just to that stage where Austin's a little crowded, either in my ribs or on my bladder.



Sleep: I've started waking up a little more during the night just because I'm trying to roll over or find a more comfortable position. Sometimes after I wake up it takes me a little while to fall back asleep. Not sure what that's about...



Symptons: I have to go to the bathroom like every 10 minutes, I'm feeling him pushing down on me a lot, my lower back has started feeling tight and achy off and on, and I still get these twinges of pain that I'm guessing are Braxton Hicks. To me, all signs point to him coming a little early. I'm pretty sure I'm okay with that as long as he's ready and we're prepared!



Best Moment This Week: Garrison snuggling up close to me before bed while I was reading him a story and then laying his little head on my belly and trying to wrap his arms around me. So sweet.



What I'm Looking Forward To: Celebrating my husband's 30th birthday!


1 comment:

Allison said...

Thanks for your comment. You are right--definitely an emotional day, but a happy one for him. I'm dying to pick him up!

Congrats on your baby boy coming soon. I know you must be so excited and ready. The only thing better than 1 boy is 2!