Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Favorites: What a Week!

What a WEEK!! Oh my gracious it has been crazy and challenging and wonderful and hard! Boy are we glad to see Friday!! We hope Garrison is just about well and we're thankful I'm almost there too. Between 3 doctor's appointments, daddy working late 2 nights in a row, days missed of school, and mama not being 100% we are SPENT. Thankfully we have a fun weekend planned and we're almost back to normal! Praise the Lord.

Here's a look at my favorites from our crazy but super special week...

*After having our family pictures done on Saturday (which I'm sooooo excited about because I was given a little preview earlier this week!!) we made a last minute decision to go out to eat with my parents and Anna and Frankie. Our last time going out before meeting Piper! Austin snapped this picture of Terrell and Garrison and even though it's blurry I love it. =)

*This sweet boy loves reading books. And I must say it's my favorite mess he makes. 

*My first glimpse at Piper Caroline minutes after she was born!! Praise God from Whom all blessing flow!!

*After seeing my niece it was time to head back to B'ville to celebrate with my biggest boy at his Student of the Month lunch! And, it just so happens his bestie was Student of Month too! I think having lunch together totally made their Student of the Month honor. =) 

*He had a goal of being Student of the Month for October and we are so proud of him!!

*After signing out Garrison (who wasn't feeling so great) and taking him home where Nana was keeping everybody, I went back to the hospital for my official introduction to Baby Girl and her very first selfie. =)

*Terrell had to work late both Monday night and Tuesday night so I needed something fun to do with the boys Tuesday afternoon. They were spinning their wheels and a little out of sorts after the craziness of the day and really needed something structured to do. So we decided on painting pumpkins! It turned out to be a messy success!

*Layton painted a little... on his own and with help. But he mainly touched the paint and then got it all over him. Haha. 

*Austin thoroughly enjoyed his paint project. He coated his little pumpkin. I'm talking several layers of paint. =)

*Garrison was the most careful and precise and actually had a plan for his pumpkin. 

*Once they dried they turned out super cute and have been a special little centerpiece on our kitchen table ever since!

*The view of Fall out my windows has been a big time favorite this week. So thankful God gave us seasons. 


*Garrison spent the day at home on Wednesday and made his 2nd trip to the doctor in 3 days. Down time on sick days calls for some occasional electronics. 

*Speaking of down time...Austin's go-to activity for down time or when he's tired of playing with the babies or bored or just ready for my full attention is a game. Always. Every single time. Playing a card game or a board game are his favorite indoor pastimes. Garrison's go-to activity for down time on the other hand is a craft. Always. Every single time. Anything he can make or create or that will bring out his artistic side is his favorite indoor pastime. Crafts are a little trickier because they usually require some prep from me or some unique supplies, but on Wednesday I managed to wing it with a simple handprint bat. We made them last year and thankfully we had black construction paper on hand this year too. =)

*Thursday morning I was able to finally go to the doctor myself (yes this is a favorite of mine... I do not avoid the doctor when I'm sick like lots of people I know) and then I made it to Garrison's Field Day. It was a lot of fun! I think his first experience with Tug of War was pretty good... they did boys versus boys from another class, and then the girls got a turn. Tug of War is just a fun classic. =)

*Trying to keep the balls on the parachute was another big hit. Austin and Layton were with me and enjoyed their entertainment for the day. Thankfully things never got too crazy. Ha. We actually went for a little while in the morning and then came home to eat lunch and take a break before going back at the end of the day. 

*After leaving the school on Thursday afternoon we came home to see that AnAn, Frankie, and Piper were home sweet home! This pink bow just makes me happy!!

*Favorite not-pictured moment this week: My big boys being able to go to the Fall Festival at church Wednesday night. Wednesday afternoon and evening were when I felt the worst so I knew I wasn't up for going. Garrison still wasn't feeling great but so wanted to go. We all cried Wednesday evening trying to make a decision and figure out what was best. =( Finally we decided to let the big boys go with my sweet in-laws so Terrell could grab us something to eat and I could stay home and go to bed early. It ended up being the right decision because they LOVED going and had the best time. Big thanks to Nana for making their super fun night possible!

Today is my daddy's birthday... Happy Birthday Papa!! We're looking forward to Austin's Halloween party at school later this morning, a little get together at our house tonight to celebrate Papa's birthday, and 2 soccer games tomorrow morning before it's all about Halloween! We've recorded all the Halloween shows on Disney Junior, we have plans to eat chili and hotdogs at Granna's and Papa's for supper, and then it's go time. Trick or Treat 2015 is almost upon us! Happy Friday and Happy Halloween!!

No comments: