Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Favorites: Spring Break Wrap-Up, Summer Countdown Start-Up

This week has been filled with ups and downs. High, highs and low, lows. It's been happy and good, emotional and hard. I can't even really describe it except to say I am especially thankful for my small town, hometown, my family, and my Faith. And this week in particular I've been reminded, once again, to keep things in perspective and to enjoy the regular everyday. Some pity parties took place here this week. Some stress and exhaustion over a busy schedule and several obligations took place. Lots of sadness over this broken world took place. But one of my favorite verses has been a huge comfort.

He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. Deuteronomy 32:4 

God is always good. Always faithful and perfect and just. We can always trust in that and I am so thankful.

Here are my favorite moments from our Spring Break wrap-up at the end of last week through our first week of summer countdown...

*A picnic at the park with my little men last Friday! We decided to eat in the sun since it was kind of cool out and loved our time at the park. =)

*Weeeeee! Layton is pretty impressed with the swings... at first. Haha. After a while the thrill is over and he's ready to be safely on the ground again.

*The big boys took turns sliding down riding each other's backs. The joys of boys. Ha. It didn't look comfortable or safe but they laughed the whole way down like it was the best thing ever. =)

*For the first time ever, Sunday after church, Layton walked all the way out to the car holding both of his big brothers' hands. Be still my heart! It was the cutest, sweetest sight! I just want to remember it forever.

*Let the summer countdown begin!! Every morning Garrison Cade x's off another day and our excitement grows. =)

*It was a big week for our middle. I started a new theme with Austin to wrap up our school year..The Ocean/Beach! We kicked things off with a fun introduction... looking back at pictures of our vacations to the beach and some seashell sensory fun including sorting and counting.

*We also registered our middle baby for preschool! We visited his new school and met his teacher and are soooo excited for him to start! This was one of the BEST and happiest parts of our week. Austin Selph is soo ready for school. He's had a whole year home with mama and been subjected to baby's schedules and too much down time and even some loneliness without Garrison home or a playmate his age. He is going to THRIVE on going to school. He doesn't start until after Labor Day and he'll only be going 3 days a week for a few hours each day, but he's going love it and it's going to be so good for him! We are all so excited! When we visited he just made himself right at home and a part of his little class without missing a beat. He can't wait to start school about a week after he turns 4. =)

*More beach and ocean school time! An "Octopus O". Good practice with the O sound, good practice cutting seaweed with help, and just plain fun to put together.

*Baby A's mama sent me this picture when she saw Garrison in the hall yesterday. I send her a picture of Baby A everyday so she decided to send me one of my baby. Such a handsome little man if I do say so myself. =)

*My big boys racked up at the Book Fair 1/2 off sale this week! Clearly I'm a boy mom. Ha! Lots of non-fiction, plus superheroes, hotwheels, and ninja turtles thrown in. Yay for a love of books and reading!

*Some fun one-on-one time with my littlest while his big brothers played outside. This looks like his very first selfie. Haha!

*And then a stroll for baby brother so he could enjoy the pretty day too. =)

*Favorite not-pictured moment this week: Every afternoon before heading to the car rider line, Garrison makes a stop by AnAn's room and gets a little candy treat. Well on Wednesday afternoon, Anna had to leave school early for a doctor's appointment so when Garrison got in the car he told me she wasn't in her room and he didn't get to see her. When he found out she was at the doctor checking on the baby he said, Whaaat!? That's even more exciting than candy!! Then later that afternoon he said, I can't wait for the baby to get out of her tummy! Then Layton will have a baby sister or another little brother! Hahaha! Obviously we are a close-knit family. Cousins, siblings, same difference. =)

This weekend we're looking forward to quality family time. Movie night, baseball games, downtime, extra play time, and some laziness too. So looking forward to the extra time with all my guys! Happy Friday!!

No comments: