Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Currently

Currently things are wild and crazy here. Ha. Terrell and I can't think of a busier time since having kids. Even though we've experienced end of year busyness before, this particular school year wrap up takes the cake. We have been busy, busy, busy. Lots of practices, parties, games, programs, and craziness. =) And at first it was stressing me out and making me so overwhelmed. But finally I just accepted it as reality and decided I may as well enjoy it first and foremost, and secondly, just make the best of it. Because even though it's a lot, it's fun, special, and sweet memories for our family. So here's a little update and peek at our day to day, smack dab in the middle of the craziness, currently...

*Eating... Gracious. This has been a challenge. Not eating haha, but eating good. We've had somewhere to be every single night (which being fed at the place we have to be is a definite bonus) so we've had to eat super simple, fast meals. Tonight, even though the big boys have their choir party, we're attempting a good, healthy, normal meal. Praise the Lord. Grilled chicken, green beans, and corn on the cob. Sounds delish. Lately we've also had lots of pizza, take-out, sandwiches, and leftovers (when available). Hopefully our eating habits will improve soon!

*Planning... Terrell and I are in the process of planning our 10th anniversary weekend. Even though it's a big one and it seems as though everybody else celebrating their 10th anniversary is doing something really big and special, the timing of things just doesn't allow for a huge celebration for us this year. We're hoping to close on a new house and move sometime this summer. We're being extra careful about our spending because of wanting some new things for the house. We have a 15 month old who we aren't comfortable leaving for very long. Lots of factors played a role in our decision to keep it simple this anniversary. However, we're still planning a weekend just for us. We're going to do lots of house shopping, have a special date, and just enjoy our extra time together.

*Loving... Experiencing this crazy season through the eyes of my boys, planning for a new house (hopefully!), summer being so close, our beach vacay being so close, ice cream, rare nights at home, watching the Hawks (tonight is game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals!), watching my boys play baseball, naptime, and sharing life with my man... who also happens to be an amazing daddy. =)

*Not Loving... Too hot weather in May, feeling tired during the day, stressing over house stuff, and boys getting into trouble.

*Watching... Lately we've been all about the Hawks, plus the other NBA teams in the play-offs when the Hawks aren't on. We've also been watching an occasional Braves game, Survivor, and catching up just a little on Hawaii Five-O and Blue Bloods.

*Reading... I just started my 4th book by Liane Moriarty, Big Little Lies. I really like her books. They're definitely beach reads. Which are my favorite kind! This morning I also made a list of books I'd like to read this summer since I'm *hoping* I'll have more time for reading. Although this summer looks like it may be a wild one with our possible move... so the jury's still out on my summer reading list.

*Trying... I've mentioned this before but I'm really hoping for a laid back summer for the boys. Even though we might have a really crazy summer with packing, moving, and unpacking, I'm going to try really hard not to plan so, so much for them. I want to simplify this summer. I don't want to feel like I'm working all summer to keep them busy. I want to give them more free time while mixing in some outings and occasional structure at home. It could totally backfire but I want to try it out. Summer starts for us tomorrow afternoon unless my big boy changes his mind and decides to go on Friday for the half day. Either way our trial run is coming soon!

*Hoping... We can close on a new house next month before leaving for vacation. And get the rental house packed up. And move. And get unpacked in the new house. And get settled in the new house. All before school starts back. This could really overwhelm me and get me worried and stressed, but it's all in God's hands. His timing is best and we know that. In the meantime we're doing our part and praying everything else falls into place quick-like.

*Wanting... The things mentioned above. =) Also, a nice long weekend complete with extra rest. I am so tired of being tired! I think our crazy busy schedule, going to bed a little too late every night for several nights in a row, plus some not so great eating habits have all played a part in my tiredness. Sigh.

*Needing... Extra rest and sleep, a smooth start to our summer, home cooked meals, and the 5 of us home together lots more. =)

No comments: