Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was busy for the 5 Selph's! We partied hard for 3 days straight and enjoyed a whirlwind of family, food, fellowship, and fun. We are worn out on this Monday morning and discovered that 3 days in a row of no routine for our littlest means not the best sleep for 3 nights in a row. (Yawn.) Despite my exhaustion this morning, every minute was worth it and I am so thankful for the blessings we experienced. 

I whispered thanks to the Lord over and over and over throughout our whirlwind of a weekend. Thanks for my boys. Thanks for my husband. Thanks for our moms and grandmothers. Thanks for our close-knit family. Thanks for our church. Thanks for our move to the hometown. Thanks for our hopes and dreams for the future. It was a really, really good weekend.

We kicked things off on Friday with a busy, but very special day back in Covington. (Planning to blog about it soon.) Almost the entire day was spent visiting our old stomping ground and seeing old friends and co-workers. I loved that extra time with all 4 of my boys.  

Friday night we celebrated Mother's Day with Terrell's mom, Nana. We enjoyed a delicious meal out to eat and then visited one of our most favorite places in Covington, Scoops on the Square. We enjoyed ice cream and extra time with Nana and Pops and having fun at one of our favorite places from the past. It was a GREAT night. =)

Saturday came with baseball games and sweating and cheering on my favorite players and trying to keep baby boy entertained for hours. It was hot, fun, and tiring. And immediately after the games and getting everyone cleaned up it was time to head over to my parents' house where they were hosting a Sweet 16 birthday party for my cousin, Haley.

It was a really fun party and we loved celebrating the birthday girl! Anna and I actually kept Haley the summer after she was born when her mom went back to work after her maternity leave was over. So it's especially hard for us to believe she's 16!

We had lots of photo booth fun during the party! Haley plus some of the girls in the fam.... 

I even got my hubby to participate... =)


It was a great party and I think the birthday girl loved it. My boys were all present but all in different directions the whole evening... which is why they aren't pictured. The party was a fun bonus to our Mother's Day weekend. =)

Sunday morning, Terrell went and got breakfast for us before church and then I got a picture with my babies before heading out to a really sweet Mother's Day service. It was a super special morning. 

After church we went straight to Buckner's for our annual Mother's Day lunch with my mom's side of the fam. So fun and so delish!! And I'm thankful my mom, Granny, and aunt (and me!) all got the day off with no cooking or cleaning! It's a great tradition for the moms in the family.

Next we went over to my parents' house to celebrate with my mom. Granna and 3 of her grands. Baby O was present but not pictured. =)

We hung out with my parents and Anna and Frankie for a while before going home to get comfy and clean up (our house had been neglected with all the busyness) and let the boys rest for a few minutes before going over to my Nanny's house. We had fun visiting with Nanny and even got in a family game of baseball in her backyard. Soo thankful to spend Mother's Day weekend with my mom, mother-in-law and both of my grandmothers! They are all such a blessing and priceless treasure to our family. They are the best of the best!

I wrapped up the day with my boys in my pjs while they spoiled me with homemade gifts, sweet cards, and shopping money! They love me so well and are my greatest blessings. Our weekend was crazy busy but in the most wonderful way. I loved it lots. =)

No comments: