Sunday, November 30, 2014

Our Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. It was filled with food, family, gratefulness, fellowship, and joy. It was a blessing we all enjoyed.

Annual Thanksgiving Day family pic! Words can't express how thankful I am for all my boys!

Every year on Thanksgiving and Christmas when our family gathers to celebrate I'm so thankful we're all present and together... for another holiday, another year. I think this year in particular I was most grateful for every single member of my close-knit family celebrating together. That alone is such a priceless blessing. 


My parents host Thanksgiving every year and this was our first year to enjoy Thanksgiving Day while living here... which meant I was able to cook and bring a few things and actually contribute a little to the feast. Yay! We slept a little late on Thanksgiving morning and then let the kids play and watch the parade while I got busy cooking. It felt so different but so good.

We had a huge feast and enjoyed catching up with family and spending the day together. The big boys mixed play and rest throughout the day. They enjoyed extra play time with their cousins but also loved sneaking away to watch their favorite shows in the peace and quiet. I snuck in and snapped this picture of them after lunch. Presh.

The majority of our family stays all day long and eats lunch and supper. Yum. The feast we enjoy really is unmatched and just the best ever. So that's what we did too. We stayed for the long haul. (Terrell's parents were out of town for Thanksgiving this year so we were with my side of the family from start to finish.)

As soon as we finished leftovers for supper we had to make a quick exit because Layton was exhasted and starting to let us know about it. His first Thanksgiving really wore him out. But we sooo enjoyed our day with family... eating, laughing, talking, making Christmas plans, watching football, and counting our blessings. We have so, so much to be thankful for.

No comments: