Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Favorites

For some reason I didn't take many pictures this week. Probably because it was a pretty uneventful week... and sometimes those are the best kind. A peek at my favorites...

*Our family date night last Friday night (aka my date with all my boys) was definitely a highlight. Going out to eat during this season may be a little crazy and busy but it's still something the whole family enjoys and it's still oh so nice to be waited on with no food preparation or clean-up required by mama and daddy. A win-win!

*This little love slept through the night for the very first time on Monday night! I put him to bed around 8:00 or so and he didn't wake up until about 6:00 Tuesday morning!! It was SO refreshing... even if I did wake up at 5:35 to check on him via the monitor and couldn't go back to sleep.

*This past week was a good week for our little baseball player. Our team finally started scoring some runs and our players finally got a chance to run some bases. Love my #10!
 
*The boys got water guns from my parents as part of their Easter gifts and they have really loved having them. They've squirted daddy's car, cleaned some rocks, and had a little water gun fight with daddy. Then, one afternoon this week they decided to ride around in their cars trying to squirt each other... even though their guns were just about completely empty. It was an exciting thrill for my big boys. They laughed and squealed the whole time. I loved being their audience.
 
*Since having Layton I haven't had tons of quality one-on-one time with my middle man.... until this week. On Tuesday and Thursday while Garrison was at school and Layton was napping, Austin and I tackled some number recognition and one-to-one correspondence practice. He's an eager learner and really enjoyed the little activities I came up with. Matching Easter eggs with one half showing a numeral and one half showing a corresponding number of dots was his favorite. He also loves stickers and do a dot markers so everything turned out to be a big hit for him. And oh how I loved my extra alone time with him too!
 
*My big boy on the job was a special blessing this week. He's been a huge helper and has almost earned a week's wages. =)

*Terrell got off work early yesterday and grilled for us last night.  Double bonus! It was a great little kick-off to theweekend'salmosthere!

We're looking forward to a fun but not too busy weekend. Happy Friday!!!

No comments: