Tuesday, May 13, 2014

3 Months Old

Layton turned 3 months old yesterday! Part of me is sad because he's growing so fast and part of me is thankful we're past the unpredictability and total craziness of the newborn stage! I'm loving the little stage we're in right now. He's smiling, talking, and just seems happier. =)

Speaking of my pretty happy baby boy, things seem to have finally calmed down for us this month. We think we've figured out Layton's tummy issues, he's rarely super fussy, and we have a really consistent bedtime routine now and are getting a little more sleep. Yay! The only thing kind of crazy about this past month has been being on the go soo much. Hopefully since summer starts for us this week we'll slow down and be a little less busy!

3 month monkey pics of my baby boy...


 
Garrison at 3 months...
 
Austin at 3 months...

3 Months Stats and Happenings:
 
*Last Monday at the doctor you weighed 13 pounds, 6 ounces so a week later I'm predicting you weigh close to 14 pounds. I have no idea how long you are now but I do know that you seem to be a little bigger every single day! I think you're growing the fastest out of all my babies!
 
*You are wearing size 2 diapers and size 3-6 and 6 month clothes.
 
*You are still nursing but you took another bottle this month and did great! You eat every 3-3.5 hours during the day and only wake up once to eat during the night.
 
*You go to bed around 8:15 every night and usually wake up sometime between 2:00-4:00 to eat...although this morning you slept til 4:45. =) AND this month you slept all night once!!
 
*Unfortunately your little routine has been all over the place lately... which I think means you haven't really had much of a routine at all. You've napped in the car almost daily and have been back and forth to school, the store, baseball games, and everywhere in between more times than I can count. I am hoping to really focus on your routine more very soon as summer starts for us Thursday.
 
*You are smiling and "talking" more and more. It's one of my very favorite things!! And you especially love when we talk to you.
 
*You tried out your bumbo seat for the first time this month and I know we're about to start using it more and more. Today you sat in it while Austin and I did his alphabet puzzle. You were adorable sitting there watching us!
 
*Your fussy stretch is still during the early evening but you typically end up falling asleep and taking a short nap sometime around 5:30 or 6:00. 
 
*Your brothers still can't get enough of you. They love you to pieces and aren't afraid to show it! Haha. =)
 
We are all totally and completely smitten over you and are LOVING watching you grow! Happy Birthday Layton! We love you!!

No comments: